Posts by Bogdan

Hello,

Congrats for such a great software. I recommend it to everyone!

I would like to express my wish for new assets: IKEA Kitchen Cabinets.

They are used a lot by architects for equipping standard kitchens.

Even if the brand changes later, it is good to have something standard in preliminary design, to understand the space better, and that standard is IKEA.

Usually they come in modules of 60cm, and host: sinks, electric-plate cookers, ovens, dish washers refrigerators, extractor hoods, besides basic storage.

So they could be very useful as a new category of assets.

Thank you!

Thank you for your detailed reply.

Still a few questions:

we are also relying on SteamVR at the moment

What do you mean by relying on SteamVR? relying for what?

Aren't you supposed to be a big bad-ass software development company, always looking forwards to testing new gadgets and features? :D

Seriously now, the high-end VR tech is not much suited for architects. too expensive, too geeky, not portable. Low-mid-range stuff works better with clients.

(bake the rendered textures and it will look good on low specs on both web and VR)

Yes, if you can find out more, would be great.

Solutions could be:

1. Generated panoramas as image files. (static) Should work with basic app on smartphone.

2. Wireless streaming from PC (similar to Oculus Q2). Would be great if I could know more certain if this is an option, because I can get one headset and try to test. I can just return it if it doesn't work, but It's better to know what to test.

3. Streaming from smartphone is the best solution. Even on low quality, like the one you get when you see the model in a web browser, when sending a link. Maybe using the browser with the headset could be an option?

Please let me know if you find out more. I'm quite interested in this device and I could test it and share my results.

Thanks again.

Any solution on the VIVE Flow is very welcome. Our clients are into healthy lifestyle, nature, meditation apps. (very similar to what VIVE is advertising)

If we try to make them use the heavy gear they will not like it for sure.

So, even 360's static images might be a solution.

Otherwise, the API of the Flow is well documented, and we could get consultancy in computer programming if you can guide us into some development.

I don't know how wireless streaming works, but if you have a quick step-by-step unofficial tutorial, again would be very useful.

Hi Demian Gutberlet ,

We really like Standalone VR. Super nice for clients and comfortable to wear.

I see that The Quest 2 is not "officially supported"

So I would like to know what Enscape can do on a Stadalone. Also, the VIVE Flow has a very eye-catchy design. What can be done on it?

Something on a low quality maybe?

Thank you!

Hi,

I still have this problem in my latest version. I think I updated Enscape twice since I first posted this.

The blocks are place in the current layer but the geometry inside is placed in another. This another layer is the first layer in the list of Rhino layers as far as i noticed.

Could you please fix this? It creates a mess in the file. Thank you

Hi,

I'm noticing that the asset block gets assigned into the current layer in rhino but the geometry inside the block is assigned into a layer called Layer 01.

If Layer 01 doesn't exist it gets automatically created when i place the asset. If the layer exists then a new Layer is created automatically called Layer 120.

I don't think this is intended, so most likely a bug?

It might have to do with layers. I notice that the geometry inside the asset (which is a rhino block) will not be assigned to the current layer.

For example.

Place an asset in a new file in Layer 01. Then switch off that layer. Change current layer to Layer 02 and place that asset again. Nothing will show up because the geometry inside is still in Layer 01 which is off.

To fix this situation you can place an asset in another Rhino file and then copy that asset to your working file.