Posts by jpedstrand

Reminder: If you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.

Manual sync button request.

Im working in a large revit file, each time enscape syncs it takes a while for it to load, everything freezes in the meantime. Thats ok, I can turn of sync and work until I need to have a look and turn sync back on.

However, and this is the problem, I keep forgetting to switch on and of. The number of times that you forget to turn enscape of and it goes into the load freeze for the slightest file change, is alomost comical, in fact its become a running joke at the office.

So, I would like to request a manual reload function as an optional setting. It can be a shortcut key, similar to shortcut for render view. When you want update, you type the command.

This would save us time, spare us of large amounts of frustration, and just make the overall userexperience a whole lot better.

I hope this makes sense and you enscape team and you can see the need for this,

Thank you

Hi mrd

the material setup for Rhino will be the same as for Sketchup: Use 0% opacity, and 50-70% specular, as well as an index of refraction of around 1.5.

I still think there is need for better reflections on glass material, its often to weak. Now that we have a material editor, couldnt an addition to that be a glass material, where one slider goes all the way from transparent to mirror? That would be superusefull!

e

jpedstrand - I am just wondering if this thread might help you out here. If not, then there are also some more suggestions on this thread also.

This is also a performance related issue, and we are trying to improve this as a matter of course.

It looks like you have no lights in your sample project there though, so you are getting this affect just from the sun light?

yes, only sunlight.

Appears both when using enscape sun or hdr as sun.

@enscape team

Editor needs to be floating, not locking rhino when opened. Ottherwise workflow is to disrupted to bother in my opinion.

IIf there is a problem with sync I suggest you introduce a manual refresh shortcut option, it is needed anyway.

Thanks

Hi,

ok, so for architecture, real world corresponding sun position is obviously crucial.

In rhino however it is easier to draw lines and objects corresponding to rhino north (as opposed to the rotation projects are rotated in real world.)

So when opened in enscape there is an discrepancie, which sometimes needs to be compensated for. Right now I turn the sun based on guesswork. But if there was an indicator for the sunangle I could easily compensate this position to a known angle and get accurate lighting.

Another scenario is when working with lesser parts, for instance facade elements, that will be positioned and repeated in many sun positions but are modelled and investigated isolated and generically. In those cases, when in enscape sun is rotated in many various ways to get better understanding.

The latter is also why a general setting for project rotation only would work accompanied with on a "screen current sunposition indicator" or something similar. Perferably indicated in degrees.

Makes sense?

I noticed that, in addition to the time of day, you have added a small sun icon. Would it also be possible to add a direction indicator for changing the sun direction? ( as toggled with ctrl+u/i )

That would be super useful, especially if it would be indicated in degrees, perhaps 0 is rhino north.

That way I can easily get back to exact sunpostion between sessions as well as quickly estimating where where sun is in relation to real world on architecture projects. Many times I change the direction back and forth just to see things in different lighting and other times I need the real world sunangle represented.

hmm.. I hate to say this, but these new clouds dont look quite photoreal to me.. but in another way than before

the edges still look weird and the total image looks a bit like a painting.. ?

nice animation though!