Posts by v-cube

+1 I have been talking about this for ages already ... speed is not an issue for still renderings... there has to be a way to do this, In about 30 % of my projects we could eventually get away with the current situation, but since we are often dealing with large glass curtain walls which are supposed to reflect certain elements in the context of the building this a huge problem and the reason I have to switch to octane or vray !

here is one (of the several...) other treads dealing with this issue:

Proxies not in reflections

I really think we need a solution here, I get it when the developers don't want to make it to complicated for casual users / beginners, but for power users this is barely acceptable. As I said several times I don't really find the speed argument convincing, of course If we are talking about VRAM or other technical problems that is another thing... but then we might need at least an option for an user controlled adaptable approach, like e.g. Lumion does by providing user defined reflection panes.

best

Andreas

In WSC the mapping is globally defined in the material ( e.g. a brick texture could be is 1m X 1m), which would be super nice to have, since the material would always scale correctly without the necessitie to map every object individually. I have tried to wish for something like this (correct viewport representation, octane actually supports it...) in the rhino group in conjunction with octane, but I am not sure everybody really understood the concept... It would make our lives so much easier... this manual assigning of box mapping to every new object is so cumbersome and unnecessary ...

Hi Demian,

not working... downloaded the 64 bit version -> does not install (see pic...) -> the protocol data says that I already have a newer version installed, therefore it won't install.

I have to mention that I am running the latest Windows professional 64 bit Version with every service update, the two exe files used to run on this machine... If I am generating an exe file with the current version it works... this is odd...

>>> OK, never mind, It seems to work again.... maybe the machine did some updates in the background and needed a reboot... strange anyway...<<<

look here:

http://3d.cl3ver.com/19xeEl?tryitlocation=0

imagine something like this in the enscape engine in VR ! It does not have to be this nice to begin with but just give us the possibility to have

1. optical recognizable clickable points / markers attached to objects or if this is easier a optical indicator based on material (we could then simply build the markers in Rhino and assign the specific material which would represent a certain text.

2. upon clicking on it , display a nice pop up dialogue window with the user defined test.

Is it so hard to implement?

Would really add a new dimension of usage -> interactive display of Information for certain parts of the model to enscape.

Especially for VR this is an important fact since right now you can "only" go around and look at things (which is of course already a very big thing...) but the implementation of getting additional object based information would open another field to sell this kind of presentation. I say It has the potential to be a game changer for VR.

Herbo: What COULD be usefull though, would be the ability to relocate all linked models into a new folder, and update the links to the new location. This way it would be MUCH easier to keep a whole project organized, and it would be easy to send all necessary files to others :-)

I agree 100% ! This would be great for sharing and archiving . Ideally this feature might be part of a asset management system where the user would be able to see the location of textures or external references on the computer / network , identify broken links, re-link elements or archive the whole scene with all involved elements into one project folder.

there is another tread about this here :

Texture file locations

best

Andy

I just discovered the new BIM feature in the last release...

IMHO it has a lot of potential in different settings not related to BIM...

Currently I would love to explore the possibility to use this feature in client presentations to access certain information about a building. Ideally to make it easier for the client or anyone using the finished scene, we should be able to define which objects in the file are clickable or not clickable to avoid a confusion due to too many selectable objects in complex scenes.

E.G. we could attach Area related infos to defined surfaces like "Living room, EG, 30 qm " that would be really great!

Since I normally only use Rhino to create my models i think that there is currently no possibility to define a user based text that would show up when clicking an object right?

Since there is a possibility within Rhino to attach user defined text to an object I wonder if this could be used to tag info to an object.