Posts by v-cube

I think this will be my last post on this topic, I think pretty much everything has been layed out from my side ...

So it's not a simple equation of taking 2x the geometry and receiving 2x rendering time.

yes I know, but even then we have enough room here, If this (enhanced reflection quality ) would be an option, you will just turn it on when you need it... so if I have a problem with my animation because some reflections are messed up, would I care that my export of a 20 second animation would take 15 minutes instead of 3 minutes ? Off course not ! the animation export is still superfast and way beyond everything you would archive with a traditional engine ! Heck, even 30 minutes is no problem if you get rid of your problem IMHO.

Video memory is probably (?) related to the resolution of the reflection maps enscape would use, right? But this will be determined by your video card anyway so enscape probably detects it automatically or if that is not the case , which I doubt, a "poweruser" can just key in the right value... no big deal.

...but at the same time we want Enscape to stay accessible and straightforward to use in a stable way...

...but most likely the focus will remain on further optimizing our "1-click" approach...

No problem, make a new tab "only advanced users" or no tab at all... I would be happy with just a command line option that would basically be invisible for the "normal" user...

Hi Clemens,

thank you for your feedback here it is really appreciated.

...but there're still hardware dependent limits and those are not as easy to control as a user.

OK, I understand this but, does this not mean we are basically talking speed here ?

Let´s take an example I have a scene with reflections I render it on a system with a slower video card A and a system with a faster video card B.

I would assume that video card A would in theory be able to render the same scene with the same amount of reflection details / amount as video card B, it just might take longer...

The way things are right now feels like you are basically limit the processing time to archive fast response / rendering time. While I am 100% aware that this is critical for realtime environments and editing (you already have the quality slider , I cannot understand the limitation concerning rendering which is IMHO what 90% of us are still doing with the SW.

Is video card memory also also a limiting factor?

best

Andreas

P.S. : Don't get me wrong, despite me nagging here, I really think enscape is fantastic even though it still has some basic topics to be fixed, I have experience in both Lumion an Twinmotion, so in all modesty I really think I know what I am talking about. Integration within the CAD SW is awesome and so much superior to external solutions even with hotlink functionality... keep up the great work !

PPS: We just finished our first commercial work ( 1:30 minute animation) done entirely with enscape (after 1 year of owning it ;-) ). It turned out really OK, the client was happy...

If you want extra ray-tracing bounces for reflections or other stuff for still images, you are .... If you want extra ray-tracing bounces for reflections or other stuff for still images, you are either asking for an additional processing layer on-top of the existing program ....

with all due respect , this is not correct IMHO.. I think we are already discussing things a little more specific here, please read the posts a little more thoroughly. Clemens already stated that enscape is in fact already calculating twice as much reflections when rendering vs. live view.

This means that the engine can do it.

No pun intended though...

Andreas

The quality and reflection geometry amount is already higher when you export a video or an image

yes, we are absolutely aware of this

and in principle that is exactly what we want but we want the option to have more reflections for rendering / animation - I fully understand the idea of having a realtime system with fast respond time -> that is great for editing , test rendering and VR...

...but for our final renderings we need to be able to switch to a high quality mode !

As far as I understand it e.g. the lack of reflections is caused by the optimization algorithms you use to keep a high response rate, probably something like the objects distance , polycount, material properties will disqualify it/them from being calculated. If you and Clemens are stating that Enscape is already modifying the parameters and thresholds used for the calculation when doing renderings/animations, then we are basically just asking for more range here. Give the user the possibility to decide how much optimization/speed vs. quality/reflections he would like to use for rendering. If you think this is to difficult / dangerous for beginners make it a command line option ...

Andreas

No, this affects all geometry independant of where it originates - the main factors are geometric complexity, size and distance to camera.

If this is already the case (which is good IMHO...) then please please give us the option to use 10 times or 20 times as many polygons for animation and rendering! I really do not care if my animation is rendered in 2 minutes or 8 minutes as long as I have better reflections -> this is still blazing fast compared to what we are used to with traditional render engines. Make it an option ! Like "Render quality multiplier" let the user decide how much "optimization" he wants when rendering.

best

Andreas

Hello,

I am currently doing a series of animation for an office complex. I have a few relatively fast camera pans which are causing judder effects (something like stutter, which is typically occurring when doing fast camera movements). With my old render pipeline I would solve this problem by using a decent amount of motion blur, however in enscape the motion blur seems to be very subtle... I have attached two files from a fast test animation done in octane to show what I mean. you can see that the objects in foreground have massive motion blur, therefore you can play the animation without any judder...

In Enscape, even when dialing in 100% motion blur I am not able to archive this.

So in the case Enscape is already supporting real motion blur, please massively increase the range, so that we can produce fast paced camera motion without judder.

https://we.tl/t-wc4qj1PLsa

best

Andreas

P.S: can someone enable video attachments in this forum? Or am i missing something?

an optional tag / label system would really be nice , this feature could not only be used for communication (redlining environment... ) to fix errors and alike, but also for final end user presentation this would be a very mighty feature, you could e.g. put a semi transparent button on an object like a kitchen appliance and when the user clicks it display its specs... that is just one example but this would really add a new dimension to the real time environments, because you would be able to interact with the model instead of just walking trough it.... this would be huge IMHO.

Look here:

best

Andreas

OK, got it.... thanks,

but anyway also for this kind of situation (nightly scene, subtle blue sky illumination, soft reflections) I think we really would benefit from a option to be able to optional define separate skyboxes for lightning, reflection and background, see here:

Separate brightness for HDRI-light and background

about realism in general: realism is most often a good starting point but most of the time when doing architectural visualization we have to be able to "alter" the realism here and there... a good example is the brightness of the inside of a house when viewed from the outside, usually in real live they would appear pretty dark, so we often have "make" them more bright , or over bright ("burned out") windows / outer environments when doing indoor renderings...

One of the reasons I am so fascinated by enscape is its ability to create "nice" looking pictures with a relatively even bright indoor appearance which is what we are aiming for in 90 % of e.g. indoor pictures. That is not realistic but it creates good pictures without the usual effort (fill lights, reflective panels etc.)

best

Andreas