Posts by alexandrecollaco

Hi again. :)

I have a few more suggestions for the Enscape development. Rhino

01- Have real camera settings for exposure, FOV, etc. With Iso, Shutter speed and aperture. This way we can mimic photography workflow and have a more consistent result between projects.

02- Have an option to show the camera gridlines all the time. They are really useful to adjust composition and align horizontal lines.

03- Save all the parameters (sun position, exposure, cloud density,....) for each camera view saved. This way we can setup everything and hit bake and relax.

04- Have a way to override already saved views. Right now we need to delete and create a new one.

Thanks^^

Hi everyone, this is my first project using Enscape (RHINO) . I'm an architect in Brazil and this is a project, under development, for remodeling an old house.

Although there is a lot to improve in the project and in the images I feel it is quite an impressive result for a realtime renderer. It also allowed me to make a first preliminar presentation to the client with rendered images and a video (I'd never done a rendered video before :thumbsup:) instead of only technical plans ^^.

All the vegetation is from enscape. I would suggest to separate the interior plants from the vases, so it is easier to decide which plant to use with which vase. I also used a lot of Enscape furniture and props.

Link for the video:

I think I saw this request in an older post, I'm just adding a 1+ request since IES is a cheap way to add detail to the scene and unfortunately the rhino plugin does not have it.

Thanks.

A few simple suggestions to the enscape material editor (I'm using Rhino 6).

01 - Texture tools. Right now we only have limited tools to tweak the texture, mainly brightness, invert and texture transformation.

-Brightness won't allow us to brighten the image, just darken. which is limiting

-Texture transformation should have a lock aspect to make adjusts faster. Also, when pressing "Tab" to cycle between boxes would be better to have the value already selected, this way we won't need to delete the previous value and time a new one (time saver).

The ideal here would be to mimic the Rhino texture tools which is very good, with "mirror alternate tiling", "WCS"(world coordinate system mapping, which is great since we won't need to apply UVW mapping), Output adjustments (like clamp, brightness, gamma, saturation, contrast, hue,...). Also would be good to be able to instantiate and copy paste textures/texture parameters.

02 - Roughness - Similar to the above, when using a texture for roughness would be good to brighten the image, setting the value to something more than 100%

03 - Bump with normal map - Having an intensity value when using a normal map texture

Thanks, Enscape is a great tool,

Alexandre

I was thinking exactly about it yesterday. In rhino it is also painful to setup cameras. If you want to override de previous camera you have to delete the previous setup and then create a new one. Also I believe the sun position,hidden objects, should be in this camera preset.

Otherwise it is difficult to bake multiple views because each will need tweaks to look good.

With the time you are saving in rendering with Enscape, you can afford to spend a little more time modeling it properly ;)

(Sarcasm aside, I think it would be cool, but personally I can't think on a time I would use it rather than spend an extra few clicks to put a bevel on things.)

and not only extra work but not having every corner rounded would make the scene lighter, easier to manage

For sure 1up+

Thanks! Which kind of further options would you like to see implemented?

Thickness, Height Variation based on B/W texture, bend and orientation.

I also feel the height variation implemented in the current version is limited cause it wont allow to adjust the scale of the areas. like this example [Blocked Image: http://azrstudio.nl/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/free-grass-3d-model-blender-cycles-archviz.jpg]

Also having a built in grass variation like dandelions and other small details would be great. :thumbsup:

"02- More options in the material editor - I miss more controls to fine tune the materials. Like normal intensity, textures world coordinate system and real size scale, clamp,... Rhino already has most of it but then, when changing the material to enscape it's lost. Also, sometimes the 0-100% sliders in the editor are not enough.".

Or, instead of adding this to enscape material editor, have a way to allow more functionalities to rhino custom material. Like controling roughness, using the material blend percentage, etc.

Actually this second option would be better since it becomes easier to manage a material library