Posts by MNichols

REMINDER! If you encounter any issues with Enscape (e.g. crashes, installation problems) or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Support button as detailed HERE! Thank you for your understanding.

Hi Rick,

I sent the feedback report including log files before I created this thread and then copy and pasted my error description into the thread above -- so I missed the boat for being able to add your name and a link to this thread in the feedback report. No worries though, the Enscape team got back to me and I'm working on troubleshooting it.

Thanks,

Mark

Hello Enscape Team,

I am currently running the preview version 3.2.0-preview.9+61460:

Before that, I was running the latest stable non-preview version. With both versions of Enscape, the application would crash after loading when I start Enscape in Revit. I am working in a large Revit model with a very large toposurface and lots of Enscape Planting Assets. That said, I could previously start and use Enscape in this Revit model with no problem -- now, I cannot get Enscape to start when working in this Revit model. I'm happy to send the Revit model for diagnosis. This project is still in design and sending the Client renderings and video-walkthroughs to confirm their decisions is crucial, so I'm hoping you can help me troubleshoot this.

The exact problem description is that I hit the Enscape "Start" button and then the Enscape Application Window opens as well as the Enscape loading screen pops up. It loads successfully to 100% and then the loading window disappears, after this is typically when the Enscape Application Window then pops up to the front of the open windows that I have on my computer and runs without a hitch. Instead of popping up, the Enscape Application Window crashes and then closes, sometimes it also closes the Revit application along with it.

Enscape starts / opens / renders without a problem when launched from different Revit models, it's just when I start Enscape from this Revit model.

Thanks for your help,

Mark Santa Claus

Pieter,

That's a great point and a more elegant solution than using alternate simplified 2D line work to make Enscape Assets look better in Plan, Elevation, and Section. I've used "invisible lines" linework to make individual Enscape Assets look better in Plan but never bothered to do it in 3D, Elevation, and Section (this linework approach while in the Revit project file was my first workaround before I started just editing the Enscape Asset family instead). Those images you shared look great! No need to provide alternate linework, the 3D geometry without triangulation lines shown reads very nicely in all views. I would think this could be a straightforward fix for Enscape, I know certain Revit elements like Toposurfaces and floors give the ability to turn triangulation lines on / off, I wonder if there is a way to give the Revit Enscape Asset Families a similar parameter, so that this could be controlled via the Visibility / Graphics Overrides. That said, just having the Enscape Assets show up without Triangulation Edges as you have illustrated would be preferred. Thank you for your comment, very helpful!

Hi Trav,

I am familiar with this customization as well -- Phil Read put out a straightforward tutorial on this awhile ago. Like I was saying in my post, I think that Enscape should at least build-in simplified linework into their Enscape Assets for Revit (slightly different than what you describe above), instead of the customer doing so as an after market tweak.

I know how to achieve the desired result, it is just the time intensive obstacle of doing so for every Enscape Asset for Revit. It would be great if Enscape offered this "out-of-the-box" -- it would be another feature that sets Enscape apart from its competitors. In terms of it only being for Revit...I think initially that would be fine...for awhile there were Sketchup-specific things that Enscape would offer that didn't apply to Revit. Eventually, I think there could be a way for this to be possible for all Enscape Assets for all supported design software.

Thanks,

Mark

Hello Enscape Team,

I am requesting that at some point in the future each Enscape Asset Family that can be placed and used in Revit be offered with an option to show simplified, clean linework in Plan, Elevation, and Section. Currently, the individual Revit / Enscape User can do this by editing the Asset Family, importing or creating the desired simplified linework, associating the proper parameters so that the linework or imported DWG can scale correctly as the Enscape Asset 3D geometry scales, and then giving it a visibility parameter (or this can be controlled with the visibility / graphic overrides). Similarly, a visibility parameter also needs to be assigned to the 3D geometry of the Enscape Asset family, so that it can be turned off as needed, I think keeping the 3D geometry so that it only displays in 3D views (via the visibility / graphic overrides in the Enscape Asset family) is the best approach and then the simplified line work only shows in plan, elevation, and section or plan, left/right, front/back. This way, once the Revit model is populated with Enscape Assets, with the toggle of a parameter, floor plans, elevations, and sections can be print-ready -- at least in terms of how the entourage, planting, and furniture will look.

This is a cumbersome task, but given the quality of product / service that Enscape offers and strives to uphold, I think providing presentation-ready Enscape Assets should be a priority. One of the advantages that Enscape has over TwinMotion and Lumion is that you can use Enscape while using Revit to the point that Enscape elements show up in Revit -- by making the Enscape Asset Families look good enough to serve as elements that will be shown on presentation and print-ready plans, you are further embedding Enscape into the workflow of designers...For instance, Enscape will be needed to not only render beautiful interiors but also to create a quick and legible furniture plan. Individuals can do all of the above steps as a customization to Enscape Assets, but I think it is time that Enscape put in the leg work to offer this as standard for all Enscape Assets.

I am happy to show how this can be done and I believe this is a low-hanging fruit item that can help Enscape maintain its spot as the top rendering plug-in for Revit.

Thanks,

Mark

Enscape Team,

Would it be possible to have Enscape Lights that can be placed into a Revit model similar to what you have for Sketchup, i.e. an Enscape Linear Light Element, an Enscape Plane of Light Element, an Enscape Sphere of Light Element, etc? I know that this can be mimicked in Revit with custom light family creation, but wanted to know how feasible it would be for the Enscape team to provide the same lighting elements available for Sketchup in Revit. It seems like it might make lighting a scene easier.

Thanks,

Mark

Hello Enscape Team,

It would be very helpful to have some different options for "fires" as a light source / light asset under the Lighting Asset Category.

It would be great to have a "log fire" asset that provided realistic lighting qualities for that type of fire as well as "linear modern fire place" asset and an "open flame" asset.

Would this be possible? I've created my own custom fire families in Revit that act as light sources but it would be great to see this as a part of Enscape (TwinMotion has fire options and you don't want to be out-done by those Turkeys, right?). I suppose the fire could also be animated in a similar way to how the grass in 2.8 is animated.

Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks,

Mark