Posts by Hana Rude

Hi Pieter, thanks for all these questions. Here is what I can answer so far:

- lets say I place an asset "chair A" into a project and copy it 10 times. When I now select a single chair and override its material, will it affect only the selected chair or all of them?

When you select a single chair in the Enscape window, you only set/change the material for that specific item. But there is a way to multiselect and adjust e.g. all colors for Chair A. This already answers I think your second question.

- Will there be a way to apply asset overrides from within the host application (in my case Revit) or can this only be done from the enscape rendering window? The reason I'm asking is that my host application has many fast selection features that don't exist in Revit.

"that don't exist in Revit" --> I think you meant Enscape? But to answer the questions - no. Customizing colors will not be possible in your host application, but we are planning to improve some selection operations in Enscape.

- When I copy an asset with a material override, will the copied asset respect the material overrides or will it reset to the default materials?

The asset won't be reset to default. Duplicating single assets will also be possible from Enscape.

- Can you confirm we can also change material maps (change marble to wood) and not just change the tint color.

This depends on the asset variant. We will not provide the same customization options for all assets. If the customization option is enabled, users could also change the texture.

- Will we be able to override materials using materials from the enscape library or using saved .matpkg's?

Not for 3.5.

hmm, that's unfortunate. I think the arguments in favor of reconsidering the current behavior have been made over and over again in very clear ways. The initial response was "we want to wait and gather more feedback", so we've been waiting patiently. (Although it's regrettable that this was included in 3.0 without ever being included in a preview so people could have flagged this before it became part of the release).

Since then, not a single week has gone by without one of my users complaining about this frustrating behavior. It would be helpful to know whether you are planning on finetuning this but it hasn't made it on the schedule yet, or whether the Enscape team considers this behavior to be best solution. If it's the latter, perhaps more users can weigh in and make a case why it should be changed.

Thank you Pieter for raising this once again. We at UX are very aware that some of you are absolutely not happy with the current implementation. As Demian said, we have gathered and will gather more feedback in this regard. Please be sure that we have it on our radar. The issues are filed on our end. We will have a look on it, but we can't make any promises when this will be.

Hello Forum Community,

I still need some more testers, so I hope to reach a few more in this thread. To all who have already participated: Thank you!

As some of you probably already know, Enscape will enable placing and transforming assets directly in the render window in 3.2, though transformation will be limited in some CADs. Currently this feature is still under development, but since 3.2-Preview 4 we allow placement of single assets.

We'd like to find out how comfortable you are with the current basic flow.

I would be happy if some of you could participate in this short task-based user test, so we can get better insights.

Please click the link below. :)

Asset Placement - User Test

Thanks a lot for your time and support!

Hana,

So has this been put in the too hard basket and therefore it will never happen, or have you decided not to spend the resources to make it happen at the moment?

Hi Nuge, as I said - this feature has been upvoted accordingly. Since it costs some effort it needs to be prioritized and scheduled properly. So, no promises can be made at this point.

Can you please clarify your statement, Archicad supports scaling and rotation but enscape has not implemented these features, will this release have the ability to scale and rotate (z axis) in Archicad

Hello Nuge, thanks for your message.

The BIM/CAD-tool needs to support the rotation of all axis and scaling natively. We are aware that you can configure this somehow in Archicad. But for Enscape Assets in Archicad we will only allow the rotation for the up axis and won't support scaling unfortunately.

A questions was raised in the survey:

"Will we be able to rotate/scale objects placed from the CAD side?"

As long as the CAD/BIM-tool supports scaling and rotation, you will be able to do this in the Enscape window in 3.2. as well. As mentioned in the User Test, this feature is still work in progress.
    You can find news and discussions related to our preview in the section News & FAQ.

Dear Forum Community,

As some of you probably already know, Enscape will enable placing and transforming assets directly in the render window in 3.2, though transformation will be limited in some CADs. Currently this feature is still under development, but last week we released the first preview that allows placement of single assets.

We'd like to find out how comfortable you are with the current basic flow.

I would be happy if some of you could participate in this short task-based user test, so we can get better insights.

Please click the link below. :)

Asset Placement - User Test

Thanks a lot for your time and support!

I did the survey but as I’m still on v2.9 I never got the questions about v3’s UI.

Why am I still on v2.9? …….. The answer is v3’s UI, specifically the way settings are now handled.

Only allowing v3 users to answer or not asking v2.9(or less) users why they’re not using v3 isn’t going to give you accurate results.

Thank you for participating and your feedback. For this reason, we have the answer "used 3.0 briefly, but had to roll back". Then participants can also write, why. We need users that used 3.0 at least once, otherwise how would they be able to rate the usability?

Dear Forum users,

Enscape's content is growing, and we want to give you the best website experience possible so you can find all the information you need.

This is why we are conducting a tree test study! The tree testing method helps us to understand your ways of navigating through our information architecture.

It will take about 10 minutes to complete!

Get involved and help us create the best website experience for you. :)
    Start Tree Testing

And adding to the above question, if I've created a preset, and then made a few adjustments, I also don't see a way to just save those updates in that preset...I have to create a new preset with each incremental change?

dldieterich2 Please make sure that you've opened the sidepanel of the visual settings by pressing the arrow-button.

Right-click the preset in the list. A context menu opens. There you can select "reset to default".

The changes are saved automatically. If you have selected Preset A and you do changes to Preset A, Enscape updates it immediately. We are aware that this behavior causes some downsides which are already discussed in the forum. You can follow the discussion here.

We are collecting more insights to improve the behavior of the presets.

Speaking of Enscape startup - is there a way to set the Enscape window to not always show the help panel by default when you first open it? I thought there might be a settings toggle but I didn't see anything. Please add one if there isn't one already.

Please go to the CAD sided general settings > preferences and uncheck "Show On-Screen Help on Startup" to change the default behavior of the new help panel.

Why i can't reload the presets i made with 2.9 version in 3.0 version?

Hello Ranindita,
    the following steps should allow you to load older presets in 3.0.

- open the Visual Settings Window

- expand the left side of the window by clicking the small arrow

- click the import icon button next to "custom presets"
    forum.enscape3d.com/wcf/index.php?attachment/24762/

You can find further instructions regarding Visual Settings in this merged thread.
    Previous releases/previews merged thread

PS. I know that RTX is located in general settings, but it was my understanding that this was moving as well? And the most important settings regarding quality is still in the visual settings (namely render quality).

I'm really glad that you like our new UI! :)
    All the cad-sided general-settings-tabs you see in our current preview will remain CAD-sided. Please be sure, that we have your concern regarding visual settings - render quality - on our radar.

i've mentioned this a lot of times before, and MANY users have backed the points... but it seems that it is all being ignored? How come?

Especially because the fix is SO simple! Just let us open Enscape WITHOUT exporting the model. instead have e big export/play button in the window, that starts the export process when the user is ready.

Thank you so much for your statement! We appreciate your insights, we really do.

This answer might not be satisfying, but even if the solution seems "simple", it must be well considered, planned and executed. Especially with all the big changes going on.

The RTX (and all other settings that has an effect on performance) still can be turned on and off on the cad-sided UI - general settings > performance.

Hello Enscape Community!

On the 4th of November we released Enscape 2.9. Among other features such as displacement maps and video textures, the new version offers the possibility to create your own custom assets by using the Enscape Asset Editor.

In this survey you can tell us more about your common workflow using Enscape Assets and you can give us feedback about the usability of the Creation of Custom Assets. Let's optimize and expand the feature together. :)

Estimated time: 10 minutes

https://www.surveymonkey.de/r/enscapeAssetsAndCustomAssets

Note:

This survey has been closed for now. Thanks a lot for participating!