Posts by LEGOsketcher

Hi,

is there a way to get Enscape to render line the same way as we see with the current SU style? Enscape outlines frame nicely the edges of a shape but geometry of groups positioned edge to edge get smoothed / not shown when rendering with outline)

Is there anyway to show these lines without needing to model the edges? Attached various ways to work around this but it would save a lot of time to show the "hidden" geometry?

Is there a feature planned for more control of line style? E.g. similar to the soften edges panel in SketchUp or styles. (e.g. line extensions, profiles, dashes etc.)

Bkhr We too are using Transmutr in order to create "light" placeholders (the bounding box is often not enough to know which way a model is facing and how big it actually is) and the _full geometry ones.

When relinking a proxy to a changed full geometry version I do this:

1. double click inside your light model and copy the transmutr group with your light placeholder geometry into memory. exit component

2. relink your "light" proxy to the new full geometry model using the enscape model & link to new path

3. You light model will change to a simple bounding box. Double click inside, paste the light geometry group from memory and delete the bounding box. exit component & save as new component. (note SketchUp might suggest the old file name on save as so be careful and rename in the dialog) > your new light component now links to the correct proxy

Makes sense?

Note that my SketchUp crashed a couple of times when trying to relink, that part of enscape doesn't seem to be super stable.

Thanks Egie. This looks like to be perfect for single export of individual scenes with perfect control over size and aspect ration. Batch export seems to be a different process all together so for that we will continue to create scenes via Enscape preview window, unsynced and batch render with sync off.

Still looking for a way to set the Enscape preview window to a certain aspect ratio - any way this is possible?

Hi there,

We can't seem to get our SU scenes match the batch rendered ones properly. The best match is still rendering the scenes individually. What would we the correct way to batch render?

If I understood right, the right way to set up SketchUp views for batch render is to preview them (with sync off??) in the enscape window and use the create scene button, right? This way I can preview them in the enscape windows "views" tab and correctly render them. Only thing is that the default enscape window might not be perfectly 16:9? Or is it? I noticed the view gets rendered with more pixels on top & bottom but width fits perfectly. Is there a way to set my preview window to be perfectly 16:9? Read something about Enscape and SketchUp using horizontal / vertical FOV or so and that might cause the inconsistency?

Did I understand the secret to perfect Sketchup batch renders right? Create scene in the enscape preview?

PS: Never understood the "use viewport aspect ratio" really - in what case would I use the option?

Thank you!

+1 for a oculus quest app - I understand the hardware limitations but maybe a "light" rendering would be a start

Working with a competitors app & SketchUp models on a Quest with meeting functionality I can only vouch from experience for the power of a mobile headset for meetings. This requires casting the headsets view to an ipad via app or chromecast of course. Anything rendered on the quest can unfortunately not be compared to the visual quality of Enscape running on a PC. Just looks so much better.

I still prefer running Enscape live over a laptop plugged into the oculus quest with the USB-C charging cable. This is a good compromise between quality and mobility. Make sure you install the oculus PC app and enable oculus link in the quest. The huge advantage is that setting up the play area is 100x faster than with a traditional headset where you need to set up base stations, fiddle with power and cables, measure the room etc.

So the .exes you produce already have the VR module built in, run it on the laptop serving as mirrored screen for bystanders and use the Quest with the charging cable (works fine) or invest in the overpowered/longer one sold by oculus. (I haven't tried the .exe but should work the same way as Enscape running live)

One last question to Enscape - are you working on a meeting functionality or is that in the far distance?

+ 1 on file names = SketchUp scene name without the time stamps - it's just additional work to manually relink updated renders when raster images are linked in e.g. layout or indesign. I much rather overwrite the old render file and voila everything updates. At least please give us a choice which method we prefer.

regarding batch render and matching SketchUp scenes:

We've been trying to figure that out for a while now and concluded the only way to get a render to match your sketchup scene is to turn view sync on and render each scene manually.

Batch render uses a different camera angle for scenes created directly in SketchUp. Read somewhere that the reason for this difference is that SketchUps FOV is horizontal and Enscape vertical or vice versa something like this? Is there a way to calculate the perfect enscape FOV from SketchUps FOV?

So the right way to set up SketchUp views for batch render is to preview them (with sync off??) in the enscape window and use the create scene button - right? This way I can preview them in the enscape windows "views" tab and correctly render them. Only thing is that the detault enscape window might not be perfectly 16:9? I noticed the view gets rendered with more pixels on top & bottom but width fits perfectly. Is there a way to set my preview window to be perfectly 16:9?

Did I understand the secret to perfect Sketchup batch renders right?

+ 1 for relative paths / proxy manager

We often work as team on models with lots of self made proxies. And beside storing the models on a fixed path it is really a pain to re-link the proxies.

There is no way to at list get a list of all proxies used? Right now the only way is to click on the proxies individually?

A "pack project" option would be nice where all the full geometry proxies get packed in one location.

Right now the my space nav seems to work for me When enscape is active I can only use the space nav in the Enscape window but that's good enough for me. Once the window is closed SketchUp runs with space nav as it should.

Thanks for the reply Demian and I think you understand right. Ok, so what you are saying is that I always need to batch export twice - once the orthographic sections after setting the projection method and then the remaining perspective views after setting it back to perspective.

For the future it would be great to be able to do it in one go and a link to the sketchup view settings- could that be a feature request? A standard architectural project would always contain a mix or perspective views and orthographic ones one would like to re-export after an update so I‘m a little surprised there isn‘t more talk about the batch export limitations. It would also be handy for animations when you want to mix a walkthrough with a plan section like you can in the SketchUp.

Hi,

I am experiencing an issue with a saved path created in 2.6. that won't render in 2.7 videoexport. Enscape loads the model and old path fine but as soon as I press render the black screen with "rendering model" wont move. Animation preview works but export not. With a complete new path created in 2.7. the video exports fine - see screenshot. Rendering indivual images works fine. It's very weird...

Anyone else having issues with this? It's a complicated path that took me some time to create so might need to go back to 2.6. if there is no other option.

Thanks!

Win 10 SU2019 Nvidia Quattro 2000

Hi, did a search on batch render and sections on the latest release but wasn’t lucky so here my post:

When batch rendering a project with a mix of scenes like “normal” perspective views and various sections, I find the sections don’t get exported with cut. Looks like the settings of the first scene are used to render sections. (that use a different SU style to control sections) The only way to do it is to batch render only perspectives and render section views manually which is quite time consuming.

I thought this issue was solved with 2.7 or am I missing something? Got exited when I saw the link to cad model option but all my batch renders turn up “uncut”.
    Hope you can clarify that for me, thanks in advance. I can post a file if needed)

Best regards, Thomas