Fixed in 220.127.116.111
31) Fixed in 18.104.22.1681
20+29) No restart needed in 22.214.171.1241
Fixed in 126.96.36.1991
Thanks for the huge amount of feedback. I will try to answer a few of your points.
I will try to collect my comments in this thread:
(4) Rhino IOR option support missed (at the moment are no metals possible)
(5) Rendered display - could be great to get the Enscape output direct at the viewport
(15) Enscape output -> option "always on top" missing
(16) Rhino global/document Enscape options missing (f.ex. for global light multiplier)
(17) Are rendering animations based on Rhino tools (Bongo) supported? (very important)
(20) Rhino material transparency slider support missing
(21) Rhino material reflection (refl intensity) parameter support missing
(22) Rotation option for loaded Skybox is slow working, I suppose so a change in RT could be possible
(23) Export screenshot cause render restart
(25) Stereo options at Standalone missing
(26) Wish: Double click cause update of manual focus during camera is moved to the object (Standalone)
(29) Emissive light sources: no update after tex multiplier change (restart is needed)
(30) Big problem: Enscape setup isn't saved to the current project file
(31) Bug: Rhino lights from disabled layers are shown (scene send per email)
(35) Little wish: used skybox texture should be shown and if the file choose UI is open, the current file name should be at the file name input field At the moment it's difficult to know which map is current used)
Thank you for the nice tool. Good luck for further development.
4) At the moment you can give your materials a metal look by using keywords. See https://enscape3d.com/knowledgebase/sketchup/ for SketchUp. Rhino uses the some keywords, but since it has a slider for roughness, these keywords are ignored.
5) I doubt that we will be doing it any time soon.
15) So you wish for the Enscape renderer window to stay on top, just like the settings window at the moment?
16) Already on our agenda, got your upvote.
17) You can vote yourself for animations on our trello board: https://trello.com/b/xqBOhUIf/…nt-agenda-wwwenscape3dcom If we implement animations it's likely that we support some data input variants.
20) Is the material "Transparency" slider not working for you? Try reloading Enscape (no need to close Enscape before, just click the Start button). The current preview has a bug, should be fixed with the next preview version.
21) At the moment reflection intensity is mainly controlled by the material "Gloss finish" slider.
22) Enscape does some lighting precalculations based on the rotation of the skybox. You don't have to use up/down, just enter an angle into the text box.
23) Enscape renders screenshots in a higher quality than what you see on your screen, and possibly has to use a different resolution. So there is no way around it.
25) Adjustable settings in the standalone are already on our agenda, got your upvote.
26) Won't be possible until we have fully customizable input. That feature got your upvote.
29) Might be a similar bug to 20)
30) In what way is that different than 16) ?
31) Just fixed it, will be available with the next preview.
35) That's a no-brainer. Thanks for the suggestion.
If you select and right-click a single component instance, there is a "Save as external model for Enscape" entry, which saves the component in a file and replaces all instances with a proxy linked to that file. But it doesn't clean your model of subcomponents or materials.
After you have your proxy component, you can do whatever you like with the content, nothing of it is shown in Enscape. If you would like to delete the box and insert a low poly version, that's fine.
Btw: If you want to replace your proxies with the real models, you can use standard SketchUp functionality and simply reload the proxy component.
I don't understand the part with "kind of ambient color". I think reflectivity should be used as reflection intensity multiplier. Glossiness is something like Roughness. Could be nice if the IOR parameter could be used.
Reflectivity in Rhino is more than a slider, it has a separate color too. If i change the color to red and increase the slider, the object appears completely red in Rhino. This is not the behaviour we expected from this slider and therefore decided not to use it at all.
The index of refraction should be used. Can you send us an example where you have set it and don't see any effect.
the problem is that the 100% are limiting - in advanced engines you have multiplier values from e.g 0-10
is there a way to override this values with enscape ? this leads to the discussion of an material interface
Since the 188.8.131.522 preview we increased the maximum light intensity. We have thought about mapping 100% in Rhino to the new maximum to support the full range, but we didn't want scenes that are not optimized for Enscape to look overly bright - so we decided against it. A global or per-project multiplier might be a solution, thank you for the suggestions. We will evaluate what to do and are open for more feedback in the meanwhile.
Found a new version of Enscape and emissive effect works. But ... I load a new material "white reflective" and it glows white. Only if I set emissive color 1,1,1 instead 0,0,0 than the glow is off.
Currently there is a bug in the preview versions where objects glow white when switched from emissive to non-emissive. Try restarting Enscape in this case.
Revit has built-in support for linear, rectangular and disc-shaped lights. Rhino supports linear and rectangular shapes. These lights are now used and rendered. Support for these light types in SketchUp has not yet started, because obviously it's not a simple export task, but a heavy addition to the current lighting tools.
haitheredavid Do other SketchUp models load correctly on your machine or do you have a general problem of starting Enscape? What is your expected and your actual behaviour? Do you get an Enscape window with a loading screen?
Please send feedback if you haven't done so already. Sending us the model can also help if you encounter these problems only with specific models. Please refer to this thread when doing so.
We fixed an issue in 184.108.40.2065 that might have caused this problem. Can you please verify it is gone.
mattw0711 The behaviour you described in detail is the shortcoming of Enscape which I described in 3. and i'm pretty sure that's the problem of the other thread participants.
The problem is fully understood by us, but unforfunately there is a lot of work needed on our side to fix it - in a critical part of the renderer that is likely to cause trouble for everyone else. Until now no one wanted to pan/zoom in a way SketchUp does with 2-point perspective enabled - how would it work in a walkthrough anyway?
So it comes down to: You guys are requesting a feature only needed for post-production, am I seeing this correct? Unfortunately post-production is not a workflow we support very well. Instead we strive to produce good images without the need for post-production.
Would it help you to navigate in Enscape using 2-point perspective and then being able to create a scene in SketchUp with that exact camera position? (Similar to the Revit plugin functionality.) So you end up with a SketchUp image and an Enscape image you can combine. (I'm blindly assuming that the API allows the creation of such a camera, but I would need to check this.) This would be a much smaller and risk-free change for us.
GRAFT Bump map intensity can be configured in Rhino natively and we read that value.
Can't say anything about VRay materials. We do not explicitly parse anything VRay related, but probably VRay tries to fill the native Rhino material as best as possible and we do read that.
I did try a little bit to get to the VRay material data, but it seems impossible.