Posts by boops

REMINDER! If you encounter any issues with Enscape (e.g. crashes, installation problems) or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Support button as detailed HERE! Thank you for your understanding.

Apologies. I got caught up on a deadline last week along with taking some time off with family.

I opened it up through VPN tonight while at home and it all is back to normal. Goncalo, I would test on a single computer before rolling out to the entire office. I recommend using a project that is heavy with materials.

TLDR: The issue seemed to be that since I upgraded Enscape versions (low 3.1 to 3.4) while working from home on a VPN, that Enscape couldn't find the mapped materials on the server. Once I went into the office and plugged into the local area network, Enscape was able to re-map their locations without me having to do anything. I confirmed by testing again at home, while on VPN, and there were no issues with missing materials anymore.

That seems like an issue still. I VPN from home all the time and my assets work. They are typically stored on a shared physical server, not Dropbox/Google Drive.

We use a shared physical server as well. My theory: Since I upgraded to 3.4 while at home it didn't know where to look for materials over VPN. Now that I am back in the office it mapped the locations of materials via the LAN. Hopefully it was a one time "re-map" and I should be able to use Enscape flawlessly when using VPN while WFH. I will test my theory tonight.

"Kind of Solved". On the newer releases of Enscape, you can't WFH and use a VPN to run Enscape if materials are stored on a server. It worked fine when I went into the office and was on the local area network. I did not need to specify any additional render paths while connected directly to the LAN.

Check in Revit that you don't have the red "missing texture" warning on a few of the materials.

That would indicate an issue with Revit to asset connection, and not an Enscape issue.

Second, make sure under the Visual Settings your Style didn't change from "None".

Again, it was a simple upgrade of Enscape versions. The red "missing texture" is not the issue. Materials were showing perfect before I upgraded. And no, the style didn't change.

I can't seem to figure out what is going on here. See image. Before I upgraded Enscape all the materials were there. After I upgraded Enscape almost all the materials disappeared, not sure what version I was using before, but it was an older one. Yes, I have settings to completed phase. Yes, I have appearance versus graphic selected. Yes, I am not in white mode or other setting making it look like this. For this project I am using BIM 360 and Enscape version 3.4.2+89611. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I could also see this being useful when you have multiple design iterations and the current model no longer reflects a design that was 3 months ago. We already archive executable standalone files every time the design changes or we have client meetings. It's nice to go back if the client ever wants to look at the previous design. While we also archive our 3D models, we don't do it as often as the Enscape standalone files. If we forget to export the web standalone model, it would be nice to have the ability to do this from a executable standalone file.

I'm looking for keyboard shortcuts with Enscapse, while working in Revit, to do three simple things:

1. Start Enscape (new window, first time startup)

2. Pause Enscape

3. Unpause Enscape

I have 40+ custom keyboard shortcuts in Revit to speed up modeling and reduce the number of mouse clicks. I am wondering if this function exist in Enscape? If not, is it possible to build into Revit's user interface keyboard shortcuts?

I have discovered another method for frosted transparency effect that I think works okay. I have not tested this method at a larger scale.

Use decals with a white or colored base image and a gray cutout image. Then place the decal on clear glass and scale to fill the entire glass panel. If you change the gray cutout image to be darker or lighter you will get different transparency levels. I was even able to achieve a gradient. This method would be a tedious if you have a lot of glass, but it might achieve the effect you are looking for.

I have come across this issue as well. All views would disappear from the drop down menu. I notice that it would occur when I sync'd back to the central with an Enscape window open and I have paused the "Live Updates" button. It doesn't happen every time, but I notice that it would occur every so often. Can anyone reproduce this?

Jonathan, thanks for your input. I have tested different settings, one using your settings. See the attached results for discussion.

Setting 01 is a rough glass set at 1.00.

Setting 02 is Jonathan settings with a transparency of 6%.

Setting 03 is the same as 02 but with a transparency of 25%.

Also, there seems to be an issue when there is no natural light and only artificial light is used. It seems to change the color appearance of the "frosted" glass.

Still seems to be the issue in version 2.2.3.4 with Revit 2019 (Win10;Nvidia M1000M;drivers up to date)
    Does anyone else bumped into this problem?
    Is there any workaround for frosted glass?

Yes, this seems to still be an issue when trying to use the Revit transparency settings. However, there might be a workaround that satisfies your needs. From researching and testing I have found out a way to somewhat get a frosted effect by using the "roughness" setting in Revit. The more you increase the roughness, the more it becomes frosted like. Hope this helps.

I have a light fixture with an inner tube that is self-illuminating, which will be my light source. Around that I have a glass enclosure that I want to be 50% transparent and 50% translucent and white (frosted). However, I run into issues at anything over 5% transparency. Once I assign the outer glass tube to anything greater than 5% transparency, the frosted effect disappears. See images. This problem also occurs in interior glass that is perpendicular to where most of the sunlight is coming from.

Am I missing something in my settings or is this a bug? I am running Revit 2018 and Enscape 2.1.