Posts by mintstick

Reminder: If you encounter any issues with Enscape (including installation problems) or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Support button as detailed here. Thank you for your understanding.

I was working on a bathroom the other day and the reference photo I was using showed a roof outside the window. I tried just using a decent texture but it was cutting the mustard.

Ended up drawing a triangle on the end of the roof where the texture lines were, push pulling that across the roof and move copying to the rest of the lines after re applying the text it gives enough geometry to convince the eye but doesn't require the work. You could take it a step further and cut between the tiles but this gets you 80 percent there.

For other styles of roof I would try and approach it the same way, model just enough geometry to give the illusion of it being there haha.

in my workflow I photomatch in Sketchup. Insert a 3D model. Export the model including material ID etc. Then use the material ID as mask in photoshop to overlay the 3D model on the original photo. Then match color and lighting.

I have not found a satisfactory way to export the model including the original photo.

I would love to hear if I am missing something. Please see the example below. The carwash (incl. cars etc.) are overlayed on an empty field.

yerah thats the workflow im using too, i did try projecting the texture onto the model which had some degree of good result but still not ideal. I think its just not an easy option to do with the two mediums

Hi mintstick , so if you activate the "Use Viewport Aspect ratio" in the Capture tab of the Visual Settings, and when you then also activate "View Synchronization" before exporting a rendering, you will be able to overlay it over the SketchUp viewport, or images exported from the SketchUp viewport. :)

Also, I can fully understand what you're trying to do, but I mentioned the overlay part because you may have to model some of the parts in order to also get some correct shadows - I think in the end it may be better to simply model the scene though, especially if it's a complicated one. It may always be tricky or almost impossible to just insert some objects into a photo and get correct shadows, if the light comes from different sources especially, then it may not be easy to add them in photoshop for example afterward.

Alongside, if you haven't already, you may also "Export Object-ID, Material-ID and Depth Channel" also via the the Capture tab of the Visual Settings - I'm not sure if you require this at all for your procedure, but it may help.

thanks Demian i found using the material id good for masking and cutting out the parts i want, but yeah like you say hard to emulate shadows and lighting.

Question: why are you wanting to upgrade? are you struggling to work smoothly, render times longer than you would like?

You could go to an RTX 2060:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/MSI-R…0%2Caps%2C154&sr=8-5&th=1

And maybe some NvME storage:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sabre…x=NvMe%2Caps%2C142&sr=8-4

Other than that maybe sort some decent cpu cooling and play around overclocking the CPU?

I'm not an expert by the way just some thoughts haha

N.B. your setup is more than enough for reasonable modelling and rendering times and fluidity

mintstick I'm not sure I understand right - is the scene mirrored behind the mirror or not? The SU viewport doesn't show a mirrored scene behind the window. Or is there an other trick?

I believe it's just back to back models at the intersection point of the mirror. Maybe the material applied changes the view in viewport. But I think the basis is make that mirror texture some type of see through material for instance glass. Then your not looking at a reflection rather looking through into an exact but opposite model

came across this today. Not really an ideal solution but could get you through in a pinch.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Hi guys and gals,

I need help or advice on staging photos. I work for a property marketing company and we want to be able to use sketchup to stage photos. Is it possible with decent results or am i barking up the wrong tree? Below is one attempt:

-Photo match for sketchup view

-Built shelves in sketchup decorated with enscape

-Masked image over original in photoshop

Problem is now shadows so things have no depth, any advice would be much appreciated.