Posts by HRRenner

REMINDER! If you encounter any issues with Enscape (e.g. crashes, installation problems) or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Support button as detailed HERE! Thank you for your understanding.

Hello Enscape team!

My following suggestion is also discussed in the following thread. There just havent been any official answers from you in there.

Batch Rendering Inefficiencies with 2.7

The batch rendering in Enscape 2.7 and onward is highly inefficiant and takes way more time to complete than before.

I see that alot of other people suggested it in that thread too, so it's more than just me struggeling with the issue.

There should be a way to disable Enscape from updating all geometry while doing batch renderings. Either as a toggle-checkmark in the Global Settings or as a separat batch-render button. Like the below image.

I really hope you will change this, because it's a real pain to work with and forced us to downgrade to 2.6 with small asset library and less features. It will only get worse with next update if it's not fixed.

Before 2.7 we could batch-render 30 views in just a few minutes and now the machine is locked doing this for 5-10 times longer.

I do understand why you would add this function, but the fact is that if I need geometry to change ei. using designoptions or likewise, its much, much faster to use batch render on every single view in 2.6, change the desginoption and render every single view again, than it is to just let 2.7 render the views once. This needs to change or the user-friendliness and easy of use is gone.

The thing is that this needs to be corrected ASAP, because I'm sure there are alot of people like us who has had to downgrade to 2.6 which means all the new updates arent available! Something as simple as a toggle-switch as many others suggested is the easiest fix to implement, but very powerful indeed! Then maybe down the line you find a way to make the scene-update process much faster and then it is actually usable.

I am supporting this suggestion 100%.

Before 2.7 we could batch-render 30 views in just a few minutes and now the machine is locked doing this for 5-10 times longer.

I do understand why you would add this function, but the fact is that if I need geometry to change ei. using designoptions or likewise, its much, much faster to use batch render on every single view in 2.6, change the desginoption and render every single view again, than it is to just let 2.7 render the views once. This needs to change or the user-friendliness and easy of use is gone.

The thing is that this needs to be corrected ASAP, because I'm sure there are alot of people like us who has had to downgrade to 2.6 which means all the new updates arent available! Something as simple as a toggle-switch as many others suggested is the easiest fix to implement, but very powerful indeed! Then maybe down the line you find a way to make the scene-update process much faster and then it is actually usable.

Please fix this soon!

- HRRenner

Yes the batch rendering now exports the model per view to support batch rendering views with different geometry in them, we cannot know if the geometry is the same without exporting it though. Revit does not provide functionality to discern if two views contain the same geometry.