Posts by Toscano

Just a little update.

I put an area light the same dimension of the window, exactly on the internal face, as shown in the picture.

It seems to work...

L.

Ok. Nobody answer... Is that a good company?

Anyway, go head!

It seems that Enscape has problems in low-light situations...

Here's some pictures. A very simple scene with a slim window so as to reproduce the problem.

The internal box is shining, but if I enlarge the window, that effect is less noticeable.

If I put an area light near the ceiling, of course, it works fine. Not the same if I put the area light outside the window: what I get is unacceptable as you can see.

I've also tried the same scene using Sketchup and the result was the same.

Now, what can we do? It seems that fix this bug, will take a long time... so, I need your help (to the forum) to put a 'patch'... some tips or tricks or advice to overcome this impasse.

From left to right:

small window

enlarge the window

area light near the ceiling

Thank you.

L.

I can't believe that!

My patience is almost ending.

I'm an engineer and know how difficult is MAKE. Make anythings.

People only knows how to criticize everything, because they know everything!

They can't imagine how difficult is...

So, I don't want criticize nothing and nobody, but it's time to spend some words about that issue.

I ditched my VW and c4d (octane) workflow to switch to Enscape, but I think Enscape isn't mature yet. And this I am very sorry!

My first post is 21st January, 5 month ago!

I'm told that it was a GI problem and that it would fixed in the version 3.3.

Anyway, just because I'm an engineer (civil), I've tried to UNDERSTAND the problem.

So, after this issue, I put an area light to the ceiling and it seems to works. I've no more that issue.

The problem is that I can't put the area light without artifact in the scene. I've also try to put sole arealigth out the windows, but the result is the same.

Now the question is: could you manage this issue or I have to switch back?

Please, tell me something even that I'm stupid. This silence does you no onor.

I still believe in you...

Sincerely

Lucio Liberi

Hi Demian!

Maybe a good news!

The Enscape materials, are driven by VW materials editor...

That isn't a good news for the workflow, but it could be useful to debug it.

Please, take a look into it!

Thank you

Lucio

I also got an Enscape Mail Announcement of the Mac Beta today.

(Maybe it is in your SPAM folder ?)

But unfortunately I do not use Sketchup.

Have to wait until a Vectorworks compatible Beta arrives - if at all ....

So do I...

But, we can always try it, by downloading a demo version of sketchup. Isn't it?

L.

Demian, I need to use the 2022 VW release. Until now, I worked using 2021, but now the staff I work for, wanted the 2022 format files.

I'm a little but upset because I'm still waiting for some news about the problem, but no one wrote to me.

So, please, tell me something about that issue, because I have to tell to my customer if I'm able to work or not.

Thank you

L.

Since the newest official release (3.3) I have an update materials issue. That is both editing a library material or making a new one.

Anyway, I think a video could explain more than thousand words...

Thank you

L.

Hi!

On FB I'm a follower of many group about Enscape. This morning, there was this one that show a beautiful black velvet material. I know that Enscape doesn't has Fresnel channel, so my question is: how he/she got that? There is a tutorial about velvet, but in my opinion, it could be useful just for shot and NOT for animation.

Here's the link:

Anyway, I don't know how to share the FB page, so, I'm going to share some screenshot.

Ciao!

L.

Hi!

It seems I'm unable to set the water shader properly to simulate the pool water surface...

The wave looks too much heavy... I need more small and crispy waves

Is there someone who could help me, please?

Thank you!

L.