Posts by DeKoetsier

You can make the material foliage and add light objects so it will create the gradient you are looking for.

An example from me. (the lights not perfectly placed, but you catch the idea.)

Hey Demian Gutberlet ,

Thanks for your feedback. The reason I and the client find the shadow in the corner more realistic, is because there is not 1 window in this room and only artificial (low) lighting, so it supposed to be a bit darker in the corners. Like in a real world example, it would also look more like the preview.

But the shadow is luckily a 'smaller' problem, colour is more important.

And this second issue remains, I have changed the colour exactly to what the client wishes for. In the preview it is correct but while rendering it changes. The render is inside a dark box (cellar) and the sun is down (nighttime) and only artificial light applies. Is there is possibility to keep the high quality render with the same colour as I have in the preview?

Hey everyone,

I am rendering some indoor rooms and I both get different colours and shadows when I render it (ultra) compared to the preview (ultra).

Left is the PREVIEW and right is the RENDER.

1. the shadows are more real in the preview compared to the final render, it gets to bright in the render.

2. The color changes, while I am having it 'perfect' in the preview, the render makes it more towards pinkish, or atleast different. :(

To clarify the problem, I have pushed the shadows to 100% to see the difference the best.

I first saw some weird shadows with some plants, apparently they don't let 'the light through' the alpha layers, while others do.

To Illustrate I have 4 examples. The first and third are with raytracing, the second and fourth are WITHOUT. (all on ultra)

EDIT: I found out that the one which is not letting the light through, has been added through Enscape itself. The correct one has been added via Sketchup.

EDIT2: Weirdly I cannot reproduce the issue. When I have it again, I will return.

With raytracing: At the fountaingrass, it is very hard/squared. Also inside the grass-part itself it gets very dark because of this. The vase has perfect lining.

Without raytracing

Second pair of examples below.

With raytracing

Without

I want to create this feeling of led strips. When using just luminant textures, the whole file gets overflown with weird spots and sparkles, so this is not an option. So I need to use line or rectangle lights. The problem with lines is sometimes its either too thick or it shines to all sides, so I really need thin long rectangles.

And then I get this problem, I have this more often and is really annoying. Any clue how to fix this or is this just a bug?

To clarify the image: the light source (rectangle) is 3 meters long and about 17 cm away from the wall, but the result is just super small, like it is only 50 cm long.

Ok, so let's open it again. It is not a Premiere caching thing.

I will send you a file, which I have resaved over. The first frame contains an 'old' shot from the same area but from a previous render.

Thank you for your reply!

I montage video's and in Adobe Premiere I see that 3 rerendered clips showed the first frame from an older clip. Cutting the clip did fix it. But this might also be a premiere caching problem, now I think of it. When it will happen again in the future I will sent a file. For now, let's mark this thread resolved.

Dear Enscape team, I have a recurring problem which I hoped would have been fixed in 3.1, but it is still there.

The flickering during movement of glass/light/reflections.

I have turned off the lights/the emitting/both. I have turned on and off all denoiser/rtx/etc. options and am rendering on ultra with an 3080rtx.

I have deleted a second layer of glass inside, but this doesn't help.

I wonder what causes this and more importantly, how can I get this effect gone? Because my customer is annoyed by it.

flickerlight.mp4

Ps. great update with the sun rtx shadows, will this also be added to video rendering please? That would be awesome!

The first frame from a video with cars or nice mirroring metalics are sharp, but as soon as the camera slowly moves, they start to look like plastics and loose their shine. (more blurry)

Is it possible to add a sharper/better video export mode, so it maintains the quality from the first frame? I understand rendering would take a bit longer, but this way it just looks more fake. And it should be possible, since the first frame does have this high quality start.
    (Rendering on ultra ofcourse)

Hey guys,

a few suggestions:

*As soon as you save a video path, the exporting file location becomes default again. If you export a second video file right after you have exported the first, so without saving the path first, the file location stays intact with the last location you have used, which is more handy.

*Before you could save a path DURING exporting, now since all functions got stuffed in the preview area, this is impossible, disrupting the workflow a bit.

*Accidentily adding a keyframe, cannot be undone, can it? Might be a great solution for this accidental moments.

I have windows in front of water and it makes the water dissappear. How can I resolve this?
    (ultra / RTX enabled)

I can reproduce it by adding 4 planes of glass in front of eachother, then the water dissappears.

Problem is, I can't make these doors '1 plane thick, that looks unrealistic.