Posts by DeKoetsier

Hey Clemens Musterle , thank you for your response.

I understand that with a really light file, from the screenshot in my previous post, it wouldn't need much GPU power to render it. But the point I tried to make there, is that this is the same 'load' on my GPU as it is with a heavy file with millions of polygons. While previewing it goes around 50/65% but with rendering only around 10%, on 1080 or 4k resolution.

So I did some extra testing, like I did in previous times, comparing non-rtx vs RTX enabled on a new project im working on. And this gave me strange results.

I tested on 1080p / 30fps / ultra, a few times.

With RTX, my cpu is chilling and gpu is around 10% load. When I start the process, it takes about 20 seconds from getting from black to the first good rendered frame and then it goes on, which takes 55 seconds in total to render a short clip from a few seconds.

I turned off RTX, restarted enscape ofcourse, saw that my gpu went to around 100% during previewing and rendered the exact same clip with the same settings. It only took 5 seconds to get to the first good rendered frames and took a total 33 seconds to render the total clip.

Redoing everything got the same results. This is totally in constrast to what I measured in the past.

An extra test while trying to render on 4k, same results, rendering (RTX on, only around 5 to 10% gpu load)

EDIT: I have just ordered an RTX 3080, so I hope there is use for the extra RT/tensor cores and such, and not that the 2070super would already be sufficient on it's own.

Hey guys, I was checking out some stuff of my system and found out that my GPU isnt even been maxed out at all.

I have a 2070 super and was rendering a slightly heavy file and an small one. But during previewing the bigger file, my gpu usage went up to 50 / 75% while losing quite some fps on a large screen. With the smaller file, the gpu also went up around 50/75% activity during previewing, and fell down around 15% with rendering. Just as it did with the bigger file. Rendering 30fps ultra on 4k. No upsampling/no auto resolution/RTX raytracing on.

This wasn't the case in the past (2.7, where I made some RTX performance tests, and posted them here, against my former 1660 super card)

I have the latest game ready drivers installed, in case you are wondering.

Why isn't the gpu around 80 to 100% active while previewing and/or rendering?

The current roadmap is to be found here. No really blockbuster changes like animation, but every step is one!

Keep up the work Enscape team and hopefully more great additions will be added to the 3.0 roadmap!

I see the competition got their new version out as well, I hope Enscape can get to that quality in the future as well (animationlike).

Do you know where to find something (some demo perhaps) to experience unreal (archviz) in VR? Because even though I enjoy Enscape, I also have the feeling their VR is superior, but I only saw videos from it.

I'm not sure what Lumion does regarding reflection maps. After loading a normalmap (which should be an RGB image file) in Photoshop (or similar) you'll need to add an alpha channel. Then copy the greyscale displacement map into this channel. You can safe it in every image format that supports transparency (aka alpha channel) and can be used by Enscape, such as tga, tiff or png.

So I have opened the normal map, added the displacement map to the alpha channel.

Saved all channels together to a TIFF file. Which creates a pink/purple end result.

I add this to Enscape displacement map.

The problem is now that the end result looks strange.

What am I doing wrong??(

Great work guys with 2.9.

I wonder if this is a known bug, but I have already had a few times within minutes that I had to restart/resend to Enscape for the changes to follow through which I made in SU.

Maybe for now Just add as a default one folder named "Textures" or "Materials" (or both) in the same directory as *.skp file, which ENS whould search for missing files before declaring them missing.. maybe recurently..
    And maybe in General Settings > Customization tab You could add a "Texturing" lokation(s) where user could define lokation of his own desire where he stores his textures..

Recurently because I have mine arranged in folders by material.. as do anybody else, I guess, who has more than 20 textures + bump etc..

This two things should be enough to pass projects between teams who have shared location for texturing files on server .. as well as finding those missing textures in sample provided by You.

Some solution like this sounds good and fairly easy to import in the software.

Thnx for your reply.

I still hope that adding/supporting the raytracing technique in Enscape was the hassle itself and not the hardware itself perse.

Even though Cyberpunk might add it later, this looks hopefull.

AMD clarified that their Radeon RX 6000 RDNA 2 graphics cards will feature full raytracing support in gaming titles that use industry-based standards. According to AMD, they will allow full raytracing support in games that are based on Microsoft's DXR and Vulkan Raytracing APIs and there are a lot of titles that already do that.

https://wccftech.com/amd-radeo…__twitter_impression=true

Maybe Clemens Musterle can share his views? :)

I just wanted to edit my post and add that I found out that Nvidia also uses DXR, just like AMD. So I'm interested in the different technique. Bobbechk Have you got any article/source about this difference?

Edit: As it seems, the 6800 is faster than the 2080 ti and 3070 with raytracing on and dlss off. So the stronger 6800xt and 6900xt got my interest even more, next to the amount of VRAM and for the 6900xt even 2/3th of the 3090 price.

Recently AMD announced their new line-up with 16gb of VRAM, which I'm quite interested in.

Ofcourse these are just their first raytracing supported cards, but the first sounds from 6800 xt 'benchmarks' make them look 33% slower on the raytracing aspect, compared to the RTX3080.

My question is, do you guys know if this is the same raytracing technique as Nvidia uses? Because if it is, then Enscape would support it right from the bat, wouldn't it?

What I have found is that it uses DirectX raytracing.