Posts by Sfong

REMINDER! If you encounter any issues with Enscape (e.g. crashes, installation problems) or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Support button as detailed HERE! Thank you for your understanding.

Our office has moved to UNC pathing from Named Letter drives. This means that I have to repath the location of my offline asset library, and my custom asset library. When I repath the offline assets provided by Enscape all of the assets show up. However when I repath my custom assets, they do not show up.

Can anyone tell me what I need to do to get them to show?

In an older version of Enscape, we were able to edit a specific .cfg file and add r_FarClippingDistance. This allowed us to increase the far clipping distance to be able to see important terrain that would otherwise be clipped during rendering.

These .cfg files seemingly no longer exist. Is there a way edit an .INI, or .CFG file to increase the far clipping distance in current versions of Enscape?

We have a large resort site plan with buildings scattered in various places. When we attempt to create an .EXE export, we get an error message. On looking through the logs, apparently the .exe file will be larger than 2 gigs, so Enscape displays an error and stops.

Are there good techniques to reduce .exe file size? For example, does deleting 10 trees of the same asset, affect the file size less than deleting 10 trees of different assets?. Are custom assets frequently the problem in this scenario? Can too high resolution material bitmaps affect the file size?

Any idea are appreciated.

The Oculus Go had the ability to view 360 stereo panos through an app called "Oculus 360 Photos." Apparently this app was removed from the Quest and Quest 2.

Is there another way to view 360 panos, either on the Oculus devices or any other untethered headsets at the moment?

Thanks for any information anyone can provide.

I recently had to plant a few thousand trees and a whole bunch of other plants and flowers. My method is to plant a few, then copy those multiple times, then select all of those and copy them a few times, etc. When this is done, the results do not look natural because all of the plants look the same.

I wrote this dynamo routine to randomly rotate Enscape assets. It will only select Enscape assets, but you must be careful to only select plant items, since you would not want to randomly rotate furniture, people, cars, etc.

To run, open the file pick the "select" node. Select the items to rotate using a window method. Once the "select" node populates with element ID's hit the "run" button. I added a "seed" section at the top. You can use the slider to change the random rotation to another random rotation. This script is setup to be used in the dynamo player as well.

To use in the Dynamo Player:

1. Select the option box

2. Pick the "Select" button

3. Optional: Set the "Seed"

4. Hit the "Play" button

I hope you find this helpful.

Steve Fong

Overland Partners Architects

San Antonio, Texas

Rotate tree family random.zip

I would like to be able to create multiple animation paths and have Enscape render them all in sequence to separate files. As it is, I am creating very long complex paths so that all of the scenes I want to render are completed in 1 night, but these long paths can be hard to control.