Posts by Juliana Chan

Please note: Should you experience issues with Enscape or your subscription, and in case of any urgent inquiries/questions (e.g. regarding our upcoming licensing changes) please reach out to our dedicated support team via the Help Center or Support button as detailed here.

Hi Demian,

I am always worried about updating when time to time things like this happen which I get it too often

and I cannot risk my workflow to be disrupted. When things are doing fine, I leave it as it is. And it has been working so well until now. I do not comprehend why the sudden error when my settings (under NVIDIA control panel) have remained as it is.

Based on the error message I have this impression that it is the GPU setting has somewhat not working well with the latest Driver. And this happened at the same time to both my PC (at the other thread) and this laptop. So the common link I think is the latest GPU update that I have done for both sides.

I think now looks like no choice but to take up the updating once I finish my critical deadlines. I will let you know again if I run into the same issue after that.

Thank you for reverting.

Hi,

It was working fine on my Wins 10 PC with geforce 1080Ti all these years.

Recently updated the GPU driver for it and now the Enscape 2.7 is not working, with error at start up.

Very strange, it happened to my laptop too. They were all working fine previously.

I think there is some Graphics issue mentioned in the error message but I was too quick to select ignore and continue. So I do not get to see the error message again.

I updated all my Drivers.

I am using a notebook with Nvdia Geforce 1050Ti with Max-Q Design, and Intel Graphics.

I have already set both of these softwares (Sketchup and Enscape) under Graphics Settings and 3D configuration to use the GeForce Processor and at high performance.

But it is still not working. In the Enscape environment, the 3D model is not shown completely with hint of glass planes floating about.

Enscape Version: 2.7

Sketchup: 2020

Windows: recently updated to Wins 11

Interesting video. For example the light source size radius control is a nice feature. But how to get it controlled at Rhino? I'm not sure it is possible, but it could be useful, if the size could be set 0 and the specular effect is invisible. (I know this possibility from Vray and there it helps to fill spaces with light without specular effect everwhere.) Couldn't the unused shadow slider not be used? Also it could be great if the size parameter could be used to adjust the softness of the shadow too, like in the real world - bigger light, softer shadow.

Also interesting to see - the linear light. I never used it. Looks like the light distribution at 5:06 needs some improvements. I tried to use it as a long wall washer but without success.

Same here regarding the linear light. I tried to use a combination of both linear and rect light to achieve wall washer but not successful as well.