Posts by Gadget

REMINDER! If you encounter any issues with Enscape (e.g. crashes, installation problems) or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Support button as detailed HERE! Thank you for your understanding.

If you take your mobile phone and take a panoramic picture scanning across the room: basically vertical strips stitched together as you turn around on the spot.

If you drop images like this into (eg) facebook it automatically lets you scroll right and left.

Can Enscape produce a horizontal strip panorama (Rather than a 360º) ?

I've tried making a custom "letterbox" format image with as big a field of view as poss, but this stretches towards the edges rather than making a scrolling shot.

Just made an accidental discovery: I closed SU to work on something else while Enscape was rendering - enscape closed too and didn't complete the render. Can this be changed? Either with a pop-up to ask if you want the rendering to continue or finish rendering before closing.

Also - Why does the render take so long to export? It seems that it is re-generating the image from scratch; can't the current "screen" view be used as a starting point and refined? (Perhaps it already is and I need a better machine.)

FYI the clouds move as you change the time of day, however I agree that it would be really useful if this was independent of the sun position: Variable to adjust the movement speed. Not sure if a variable to adjust the movement direction is desirable. Or if each 'layer' of clouds should have a different rate - I think that perhaps they should scale off the base layer (ie. Cumulus amount = 100% of value but Cirrus = 50%). Within this it would also be nice to see contrails "grow" and dissipate over time.

Another wishlist item that was skimmed above is to increase the density of Cumulus until you can't actually see any blue sky. At levels > 100% (ie max value as it currently is) it would be nice to have a 'diffuse' setting for the sunlight to soften the edges of sunlight.

I also think that it would be really nice if you could set a "Daylight speed" (ie a speed that the sun travels across the sky). The sun would move (eg) 1 hour in 1 min of real time, allowing you to navigate around your model while this was happening. This would also have an impact on the cloud movement as noted above.

You could try raising your model; put some geometry about 20-50m below it... I tried, but couldn't really see much difference. You can import a new skybox, but I'm not sure that would work either.

Nah - just think it would be really cool to see this live as you walk around the model 8) My models are generally for live walk-throughs rather than producing a video.

(....I've got another wishlist note that would deal with raindrop spashes etc, but I'm limiting myself to posting one idea burst a week ;))

? Can you post an example image? There is a known thing where reflections of complex geometry can be optimised out of the image (but in a small room I doubt it.)

Personally I prefer the first one; when you add in the extra lights you are adding in extra reflections too; the floor gets that extra bloom that detracts from the cool reflection from the window. It also tends to 'flatten' the image.

I occasionally use lights outwith the camera shot, but for lightening darker objects I would just lighten the texture (Or use some dodge/burn in post production.)

:shrug: whatever works for you.

"Photo match" from SU only uses the photo imported as an overlay/underlay to your working space; there is no geometry or texture that Enscape can see.

However you can place a large billboard behind your model, r-click on it and "Project Photo". (This works better if it's straight on to the camera - Enscape does not handle projected textures too well when it's warped.)

While walking through the model it would be really cool if there were atmospheric effects:

- Obscuring rain (automatically 'fog' out the background and streaks in the zone. Options for density and direction.)

- Obscuring snow (like rain, but more gentle.)

- It would be cool if the effect could "light" the geometry in a similar way to sunlight but negatively (to darken where it hits) and add a reflective sheen to that surface.

Cloud cover increases to +200% so you can't see any sky.

The effect would be blocked by horizontal geometry (depending on the direction of the weather)

Any geometry assigned the "Vegetation" tag (including the grass) has a 'bend' and graphically streaks/moves/ripples with the direction of the weather effect.

It might be handy to assign "Zones" to have different atmospheric effects rather than a global effect... but maybe not.

Option to add rain on the camera lens (not enough to be distracting and towards the edges, but occasional streaks and drops that distort the image as they roll down the lens). Actually it would be cool to create a new texture tag that could be applied to any surface that would have this effect (eg on windows).

Assign a generic external sound and a new "negative" type of sound you can place to cancel out this audio.

Shaun - Can I ask a couple of questions?

- Why don't you actually have light coming from the ceiling light objects in the model (to light the scene)?

- Why use multiple spotlights instead of a point light?

Just that I normally like to light a scene as it would be in reality; wondering what benefits you find in doing it this way?

To show/hide the lights I normally use Simon's Option B. (Would be handy to have the keyword support for the layer)

Offset - In addition to the ability to offset, I would really like to be able to rotate the bump; Really annoying when the image of floorboards run one way and the bump runs another.

Another thought occurred to me: It would also be useful to have these tools for the main Albedo texture; something that SU is missing - If I colour a group with a texture it just slaps the texture on all the 'default' surfaces within that group... very useful and it's the way I colour 90% of all my models. Unfortunately I have no control over the position of images on these surfaces - If I want to position or rotate the texture for that group I have to do a lot of additional work. If I could do it within enscape that would be much simpler (and really cool).

#1 - depends on what native package you use, but I have found that it takes longer to apply a specific texture or effect than it takes to model it properly: give a 5mm inset border around flush frames for window/doors (and/or model the sashes as projecting 30mm from the frame) Pull out a central panel to give a moulded look,... etc. After you have done one it's normally straight forward to add it into a custom component library for re-use.

#3 - what do you mean? If you draw a cube you want it to look like a rounded-edged dice? Personally I don't think that can be achieved with rendering; only with modeling. But you could create a texture to fit the shape and apply a bump-map to it - this might work... Perhaps that's the answer - click a button to automatically create an "edge-blur" bump-map image based on the surface shape. Would be complex to do since it would have to look at every instance of that texture being used and generate unique textures for each... impractical perhaps, but I don't think it's impossible.