Posts by RB_Design

It would be good to see appliances expanded more. Kitchen's for example need fridges, microwaves, ovens etc. Blenders/mixers, kettles and things you need to decorate your renders.

I've recently completed an office upgrade model, including staff kitchens and seating. While the library has been useful, I found myself needing to model (or purchase) items listed above.

A tough one! The image below has the pitch lines raised slighting above the grass level. This provides some level of refinement while still looking like everything is at the same level.

Enscape's material editor does not provide the ability to do really short grass, even when the slider is set to minimum (something to look at Enscape?)

I guess it depends to the finished image and how close you need to be. For an image where you see all the pitch (from the stands?), I would use a flat image and tweak in post production myself. I close up is needed, then use the grass material in Encape and clean up in post production.

Both need some care and attention without grass improvements within the software. As for Scatter, I personally would keep away. Hope this helps?

As an example: This is a screen shot from unfinished model video I'm working on. I actually like this as a still picture; I could photoshop the reflections out of the elevator doors and make use of this rendering. But as a video it is hopeless; there are light reflections everywhere.

Just adjust your material reflection settings to manage the amount. Are you using a seperate reflection map material?

Sorry, and i would like to point out this is just an opinion but I do not see any real issues with Enscape at concept, design or presentation phases if you use it in the right way. Yes, there are other programs out there, more expensive and trickier to use but you have to decide on the right product for you and for the job. Some people prefer VRAY and I completely get that. Some will opt for Blender and its end-to-end solutions but do people have the time that some of these take to master or generate a decent image...and are they really that much better?

I use Enscape and Keyshot exclusively and have done so for a long time now. Depending on the type of work/model, I will select one of these two and run with it for the full project duration with no compramises in speed or quality.

Are you willing to share the model file and let others take a look for you?

Looking at the 'problem' example images, do you have gradients (hills) etc.?

I know that grass textures can work brilliantly on flat surfaces but struggle somewhat on slopes and uneven surfaces.

Luke.STRI The material is Grass 02 from Enscape Material Library with default settings. I have used a few of the small grass assets from the Enscape Asset Library at the base of the tree's and Pergola as these would naturally be harder to cut and remain a little longer but it also provides some iregularity to the surface.

Essentially, use what you have in Enscape and consider real world details. Scattered geometry in SketchUp, unless completely necassary is a waste of resources and slows your model down considerably

OK, so it is a little rough but here is the process described above.

1 & 2 - Make sure your SketchUp (or Revit) image export ratio matches the Enscape output resolution.

3 - Hit the Syncronise Views button on the Enscape Toolbar

4 - Once happy with the view, export an image from your modelling software.

5 - Do the same with Enscape and render out your screenshot

6 - Optional but you can turn up the linework slider too.

7 - SketchUp Image

8 - Enscape Render

9 - Open Photoshop and bring in both images

10 - Make sure the Enscape render is on the top layer

11 - Set the layer to Multiply (this will show the image below, but retain the linework)

12 - Save your merged image.

From here, you can tweak the image to your desired finish (brightness, contrast etc.).

Unsure if this will work in Revit but I've had success in achieving the desired effect in SketchUp.

1. Save your image directly from Revit (white background and black linework)

2. Make sure the setting for image exports in Enscape match those in your modelling software and render your image (white models works well for this but full colour is ok just the same)

3. Bring Enscape image into Photoshop.

4. Bring Revit image in and set layer to Multiply

You should then have a nice rendered image but showing ALL of the Revit linework (without the need to add gaps or additionalgeometry to your model file) The image below is a quick example for you.

Razer Blade (almost any model)

I run Enscape on the following models:

Blade Stealth 13 (ok performance for ‘on the move’ workflow but not a full time work horse).

Blade 15 Base Model (great all round performance, quick render times for still and animations, plus pretty decent performance for VR when plugged into the mains).

Blade 15 Advance (as Base model with some minor speed improvements but unless a must have, I’d save the extra cash)

Blade 14 (Ryzen model gives great performance all round in a really good size compact laptop. Big improvement over the Stealth 13 and on par with its bigger brothers)

Hope this helps

Yes, this is a great wish list item. I've used Keyshot for many years and being able to add 'labels' on faces is such a cool and time saving feature.

I recently did a courtyard and while my stone work has some imperfections, its all in the master texture image. I want the ability to add some random dirt or scratches (not just globally)

Is there any way to animate a turntable file? I need to rotate a product 360 degrees but keep the camera still. Attempts to do this with setting the camera at different points around the model just do not work.

Ideas and suggestions welcome

I have just started to use v3.0 and have found things really tough going so far. Rendering times are 10x longer (in fact, most things seem to take a lot longer than previous releases). I have a very high spec machine and have found that even the most basic of scenes are crashing two or three times a day.

Not many positives at this stage :(

Thanks to everyone that offered an opion on a suitable laptop. Having visited the Razer Store in London (before lockdown!) I had an opportunity to test a standalone Enscape file I put together on both the Stealth 13 (GTX1650) and Blade 15 (RTX2070).

I was very surprised by how well the GTX1650 ran things. I'll admit, there was some very minor pixelisation when moving around the space but for such a small and well built device, it work brilliantly.

That said, the RTX2070 was so smooth. No lag, no pixelisation and great graphics. They were both priced the same and I loved the samll form factor but went for the Blade 15. The larger screen is very helpful (although I do connect it to a much bigger 49" monitor!) and I can upgrade memory and SSD easily (but so far have not needed to).

I've been using it extensively while being unable to go into my office and use my workstation. So far, I would say it is the best laptop I have ever bought and would recommend it to anyone that needs portability and power.

Apologies if this question ha sbeen answered elsewher but I am looking for a 'back-up' laptop for casual Enscape use. I use a Dell workstation with a Quadro P5000 16GB GPU, 64GB RAM and i7 CPU every day and this eats through pretty much anything I throw at it (Enscape, Lumion or Keyshot typically) but with the constant fear of having to isolate or work remotely for a week or two, I want something that can support short term use on low to medium sized projects.

As such, I'm now stuck between two Razer laptops and would love to hear feedbcak from anyone familar with these models.

1. Razer Blade Stealth 13 (Love the small form factor but unsure on capabilities of the GTX 1650 Ti Max Q)

2. Razer Blade 15 Base Model (better GPU in the RTX2060 but a lot bigger!)

A good selection of modern and classic vehicles is a very important element of any render programme. Many are let down with poor quality models, poor attempts at ‘trying’ to look like a particular make or model but not quite getting it right or libraries are simply not diverse enough. I cannot populate a UK car park with big American vehicles or models that make a detailed render look unreal.
    Ideally, I would love to see a Small range of good quality vehicles (small, medium and large cars, vans, trucks and construction) from the UK. Even just two or three really good models would be better than thirty bad ones.

Thanks for the feedback. I attempted to load it up gradually and believe the culprit to be a ceiling panel file (the ceilings across 6 storeys are broken up into several thousand small panels! 😬). I managed to get everything loaded and saw it briefly in the Enscape window before it crashed again.

I’ve requested the standalone from the Architect so I can circumnavigate the problem. Wasting too much time on loading and continuing my hate for all things Revit! 😂

As for that Titan...🤔

Log files sent but system resources shouldnt be a problem. The CPU, GPU and Memory is about as max'd out as you could get it on a £5k PC. I'm guessing it is more to do with workflow between Revit and Enscape. I'm more accustomed to working in SketchUp (even with 4-500MB files that just simply 'work' with Enscape and I'm most likely missing something when coming at it via Revit.

Will keep trying! lol