Posts by pibuz

Reminder: If you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.

Hi!

..I'm having problem assigning colorus to Enscape lights: basically, the light colour stays the same no matter what material I assign to the object. I tried to search the forums but I couldn't find anyone else reporting that, am I doing something wrong?

I'm running Enscape on SU2022

***EDIT***

This seems to be related to materials which have a texture applied. I often use this technique to avoid sketchup duplicating materials if ther are some similar colours in the same model... I think once it worked, maybe something changed in the material management?

Seems still not to work, neither on chrome nor Edge... Please send me the questions and I will answer ASAP!

Hi to the devs team. With the last preview version I spotted an issue causing the auto-closing of SU and ENSCAPE. It seems to be related to IES lights: when the relative layer is turned on (e.g. "vista3") Sketchup automatically closes. I attach the scene for testing purposes.

note: it doesn't seem to affect ALL cases when IES are used. Only sometimes...

Hi Rick! some months ago I already sent all the needed files to one of your colleagues, who was able to reproduce the issue (don't remember his name..).

His answer was that sadly some materials-related API hadn't been made available from the Trimble team, so it was not possible to solve the issue.

I was just wondering if the new APIs could now solve your problem. :)

Try to poll your colleagues, I'm sure that one of them could help us figure this out.

Hi to the dev's team!

I hope you still can read this post, I just read on the SketchUp official forum these interesting strings:

Improvements to UV Mapping - Ruby and C API

There has always been a gap in the API around projected materials. We've added new methods to make it possible to set projected textures. See the API docs for further information regarding how to use these new API features.

C API Additions and Improvements

• Added SUMaterialWriteToFile()
    • Added SUModelLoadMaterial()
    • Added SUFaceGetUVTileAt()
    • Added SUFaceIsTexturePositioned()
    • Added SUFaceIsTextureProjected()
    • Added SUFaceGetTextureProjection()
    • Added SUFaceClearTextureProjection()
    • Added SUFacePositionMaterial()
    • Added struct SUMaterialPositionInput
    • Added SUGeometryInputFaceSetFrontMaterialByPosition()
    • Added SUGeometryInputFaceSetBackMaterialByPosition()
    • Changed SUEntitiesFill such that it will apply a textured material to faces even if the
    • SUMaterialInput or SUMaterialPositionInput have no UV coordinates. In this case the material will be applied similar to how SUFaceSetFrontMaterial/SUFaceSetBackMaterial behaves.
    • Added SUModelGetBehavior()
    • Added SUModelSetBehavior()
    • Added SUEdgeReversedInFace()
    • Added SUCurveIsPolygon()
    • Added struct SUEntitiesParent
    • Added SUEntitiesGetParent()
    • Added SUEntitiesGetActiveSectionPlane()
    • Added SUEntitiesSetActiveSectionPlane()
    • Added SUImageGetDefinition()
    • Deprecated SUImageGetName()
    • Deprecated SUImageSetName()

I guess thast is something which can help you guys out solving my old issue about pre-mapping!

Does it? :):):):):):):)

Hi Wil! You guess right: there are no Enscape materials.

ALTHOUGH you can set you own skm materials, and they will keep their Enscape settings as long as you render with Enscape obviously.

To do this, simply set you SU material to render with enscape (via Enscape material panel window), then right-click you SU material and choose Save As..., and save it in whatever location on you PC.

Through SU material window, you can then specify one or more folders to be marked as "favourites", so you can quickly find them at the bottom of the list of the dropdown menu. If you point to the folder in which you saved you SKM-ENSCAPE material you will easily have a nice populated folder of SU-Esncape mats.

Hi to the DEVs team!

I was wondering if it could be possible to add an "attenuation" slider to the light objects, instance-dependent.

In many cases, altough the power of the light object is set to a minimum value, its rays reach all surfaces around the room, causing weird shadow effects.

It would be much more realistic if we could adjust (manually) the "falloff dimension" of each light object.

Does this sound feaseable?

Thanks in advance!!

I'm absolutely aware of the amount of additions and workflow optimization the Enscape Team has implemented, and I'm absolutely grateful for this wonderful piece of software which never ceases to amaze me for quality and speed of the output.

Lots of requests I'm recently seeing here on the forum sound to me like "adjustments": things that don't work as expected, or that worked better in previous versions. But basically things that can more or less easily fixed.

I must say that at the moment the big big drawbacks Enscape has are:

1. Difficulties on rendering complex reflections

2. Difficulties on glasses (shadows, primarily), and transparent/translucent mats in general.

These two topics are in my opinion actually to implement heavily, since there are ways to approximate the desired effects (or workarounds) but are too long to manage in large projects.

Personally, I have the need to hear from the developers that they are aware of the issues and they are at least planning to face the fact that their software is mature enough to take these rendering features seriously and not like sort of minor functionalities to deal with on the spot.

Tthe SketchUp issue with syncronized views seems to be fixed! thanks!

Here to let you know that in the "Output" section, when "lock image ratio" is checked if I change the width in pixel the height won't change accordingly. I have to uncheck and check again. This is only a small misbehaviour, I think it can be rapidly fixed.

Hi Demian! Thanks for the reply: the behaviour is simple: if I save a SU scene and try to render with enscape with "syncronized view" option active I get a totally wrong image (as if enscape would render with a very low fov, so much closer to the objects).

The live updates will always win no matter what view you exported if you want to prevent this you'll have to select the matching scene in Sketchup for now.

There are some bugs that we are working on where updates are triggered erroneously though for instance if you switch between presets while the geometry of the active Sketchup scene and the geometry of the scene currently visible in Enscape differ while life updates are turned on.

Hi Chris!

Basically I have some troubles when I save a scene in SketchUp. Seems like the scene is correctly stored in Enscape, but if I render with the "Synchronized view" option active the render is usually totally wrong (extremly high or low FOV).

Instead, if I save the POV from Enscape as a SketchUp scene and I disable the "sinchronized view" option, everything renders fine.

Just wanted to be a little more specific about my issue.