Posts by pibuz

Seems still not to work, neither on chrome nor Edge... Please send me the questions and I will answer ASAP!

Hi to the devs team. With the last preview version I spotted an issue causing the auto-closing of SU and ENSCAPE. It seems to be related to IES lights: when the relative layer is turned on (e.g. "vista3") Sketchup automatically closes. I attach the scene for testing purposes.

note: it doesn't seem to affect ALL cases when IES are used. Only sometimes...

Files

Hi Rick! some months ago I already sent all the needed files to one of your colleagues, who was able to reproduce the issue (don't remember his name..).

His answer was that sadly some materials-related API hadn't been made available from the Trimble team, so it was not possible to solve the issue.

I was just wondering if the new APIs could now solve your problem. :-)

Try to poll your colleagues, I'm sure that one of them could help us figure this out.

Hi to the dev's team!

I hope you still can read this post, I just read on the SketchUp official forum these interesting strings:

Improvements to UV Mapping - Ruby and C API

There has always been a gap in the API around projected materials. We've added new methods to make it possible to set projected textures. See the API docs for further information regarding how to use these new API features.

C API Additions and Improvements

• Added SUMaterialWriteToFile()
    • Added SUModelLoadMaterial()
    • Added SUFaceGetUVTileAt()
    • Added SUFaceIsTexturePositioned()
    • Added SUFaceIsTextureProjected()
    • Added SUFaceGetTextureProjection()
    • Added SUFaceClearTextureProjection()
    • Added SUFacePositionMaterial()
    • Added struct SUMaterialPositionInput
    • Added SUGeometryInputFaceSetFrontMaterialByPosition()
    • Added SUGeometryInputFaceSetBackMaterialByPosition()
    • Changed SUEntitiesFill such that it will apply a textured material to faces even if the
    • SUMaterialInput or SUMaterialPositionInput have no UV coordinates. In this case the material will be applied similar to how SUFaceSetFrontMaterial/SUFaceSetBackMaterial behaves.
    • Added SUModelGetBehavior()
    • Added SUModelSetBehavior()
    • Added SUEdgeReversedInFace()
    • Added SUCurveIsPolygon()
    • Added struct SUEntitiesParent
    • Added SUEntitiesGetParent()
    • Added SUEntitiesGetActiveSectionPlane()
    • Added SUEntitiesSetActiveSectionPlane()
    • Added SUImageGetDefinition()
    • Deprecated SUImageGetName()
    • Deprecated SUImageSetName()

I guess thast is something which can help you guys out solving my old issue about pre-mapping!

Does it? :):):):):):):)

Hi Ren!

I struggled a lot with this kind of material too, and sadly I must say that at the moment there is no easy way to make this in Enscape. It deals with translucency, which is not a concept Enscape is very familiar with (yet).

I found a pretty decent solution making more layers with different materials, one of which is a cranked frosted glass.

Hi Wil! You guess right: there are no Enscape materials.

ALTHOUGH you can set you own skm materials, and they will keep their Enscape settings as long as you render with Enscape obviously.

To do this, simply set you SU material to render with enscape (via Enscape material panel window), then right-click you SU material and choose Save As..., and save it in whatever location on you PC.

Through SU material window, you can then specify one or more folders to be marked as "favourites", so you can quickly find them at the bottom of the list of the dropdown menu. If you point to the folder in which you saved you SKM-ENSCAPE material you will easily have a nice populated folder of SU-Esncape mats.

Hi to the DEVs team!

I was wondering if it could be possible to add an "attenuation" slider to the light objects, instance-dependent.

In many cases, altough the power of the light object is set to a minimum value, its rays reach all surfaces around the room, causing weird shadow effects.

It would be much more realistic if we could adjust (manually) the "falloff dimension" of each light object.

Does this sound feaseable?

Thanks in advance!!

Hi! Another small fix request from me. Small but very important.

I have built a whole lot of components which basically are all the real objects the firm I work for uses to make fair stands. Some of these components are very detailed, so I used the proxy method, substituting the bounding box with a lowpoly version of the model. But every time I edit the hipoly xref model and save the changes, all the proxies change back to the bounding box version, deleting the lowpoly version I put inside.

Could it be possible to change the Enscape behaviour and NOT to revert back to the bounding box version when a change is detected in the highpoly model?

Thanks in advace!

pibuz , pardon, I'm not entirely sure if I understand you correctly - you would like to have the version of SketchUp used for the export of that file displayed somewhere inside the standalone itself? :)

HI Demian!

At the moment, when you export the model (component) to use it as a proxy for enscape you don't have the possibility to choose which version of sketchup you're saving the selected component to. This is normally not an issue, but it's a mess when you work with su 2020 and all of your collaborators with su 2019 :thumbsup: