Posts by pibuz

Whenever you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.

Hi to the DEVs team!

I found a little thing puzzling: when we now try to set DOF, we have sort of a "plane" going nearer/further; instead, the focal field should be individuated between TWO planes. The greater the DOF value, the wider the distance between the two planes (so, the more objects in focus). At the moment, to me is nearly impossible to control the objects which have to be in focus and those which I want to be out of focus, maybe a little more control over this could be of help to many.

I'm working on these day with presets and I'd like to add my two cents to the topic.

1. I confirm that would be VERY useful to store the preset configuration per sketchup scene

2. At the moment it's not clear what I'm "saving to file" if I try and export the settings: i don't know if I'm exporting ALL presents or only current (I found by trial-error to be only the current, correct me if I'm wrong)

3. Could be useful to implement the export of ALL settings present in a SU file.

That's my contribution for now, tahnks!

I strongly agree with Andreas about this topic. Enscape is fantastic and it's clear to everybody that it aims to the average user efficiency, where "average user" means all the cases we want a fast feedback on a rather simple project. Frequently, that rather simple project turns into a very complex one, during the next phases, so it's important to include all the objects in the final renders. I think that we can stick to the current settings for the live preview (which make the live preview very fast) but we shoukd be able to include everything we want when we launch the final calculation.

I started using the save presets feature only since few days but in my experience it's working as expected. Gonna keep an eye on this so I can report if if spot some bugs lurking.

+1 to all the requests for a more practical way to place lights.

Could be useful to prepare "Light Components" with the "glue to any plane" option active, so that when we import them the component's origin sticks to the actual plane we are clicking on. Just a hint.