Posts by 4interiors

Our developers received further reports of this particular issue, we're looking into any solutions to resolve this - in the meantime, the advice is to actually update to the latest drivers available, could you perhaps try that and get back to me? :)

Unfortunately, since version 10.6.6 they have changed the installer and this is invasive in the operating system. Before (up to version 10.6.5) it was enough to uninstall the drivers and go back to the old and trusted 10.5.15, now you have to delete everything related to 3dconnexion even by acting on the windows registry otherwise it won't work even by putting the old drivers. I am sorry not to collaborate but I have recently formatted to have a clean system, I have always tried to help those who needed by explaining the currently working solution several times, I hoped that someone wanted to try them. Allow me to say that I should not try them, nor another Enscape customer but you should do it, you should have already done it since the driver solution 10.5.15 you have not found you Enscape team and that these drivers are from April 2019, they do not support SketchUp 2020 and a tutorial has not been written by you on how to temporarily solve the problem. I understand that there are many things to do and that Enscape is in continuous development and I appreciate it, but I think the problem can be solved, you just have to work hard to keep the customers who use these devices happy even by contacting the 3dconnexion developers.

Any movement on getting this fixed?

I tried to ask for help here: https://www.3dconnexion.com/fo…d4ee26f3fa16169852b0861e5 and also to 3dconnexion Italy assistance but the answer was that Enscape is an unimportant software and therefore not supported. This is sad and makes me think that it would be right that the Enscape team and the 3Dconnexion developers should communicate to solve the problem ... the will to do it is enough.

This is the answer from a forum developer:

Hi 4interiors,
    We have a problem with Enscape and Sketchup.
    I'll try to come up for something relatively easy. Easier than reinstalling software anyway.
    Sorry for the troubles. Enscape is a pretty non-existent app in our installed base so it's hard to get time to work on it.

This is the response of 3dconnexion Italy assistance:

Thank you for contacting 3D Connexion support.
    Enscape 3D is unfortunately not an application supported by our mice.
    I invite you to contact Enscape 3D technical support for assistance.

Regards

At this point the Enscape team should act !!!

I copy and paste what I wrote on the 3dconnexion forum about the latest driver version:

"Hi everyone, I have tried the new 10.6.6 drivers to see if they solve a problem that has been going on for a year. I use my Space Pilot Pro with Sketchup pro 2020 and Enscape 3d integrated in SketchUp. The latest driver working for me (but also for other SketchUp / Enscape users) is 10.5.15. From version 10.6.xx onwards there is the problem that going from SketchUp to Enscape and back the device freezes and you have to close the programs and reopen them if not even restart the pc. Note that up to the working version, the wording "Trimble Sketchup" remained on the display even when switching to Enscape and back, from 10.6 the wording changes to "Enscape 3d" and thus freezes even when returning to SketchUp. To date I have solved by uninstalling version 10.6.xx, installing old drivers (which do not recognize SketchUp 2020) and physically copying files from SketchUp 2019 to 2020. Today after uninstalling the old drivers and installing 10.6.6 the situation is aggravated. The Space Pilot worked in SketchUp only with Zoom and Pan, no type of rotation, I tried in every way from the settings but nothing done. Turning to Enscape worked the rotation and the various movements but on returning to Sketchup it stopped until Enscape was turned off and returned to malfunction (only zoom and pan). I thought: no problem, I uninstall and use the old drivers. Too bad that the new installer had left a trace in Windows and I had to delete all 3dconnexion files and folders from the C disk to restore with the old drivers. I hope this situation is seen by those who can solve the problem.

Thanks for your attention."