Posts by Tearch

REMINDER! If you encounter any issues with Enscape (e.g. crashes, installation problems) or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Support button as detailed HERE! Thank you for your understanding.

We've been asking for this since the day video textures were added into the program! Demian Gutberlet can you tell the devs to revert back to whatever allows this to happen so a feature we've been asking for years now will get added. Thanks!

Edit: It is almost two years to the day (11/6/2020) that video textures were added but they still don't have native alpha channels.

Grizzler This happens every time a large company buys a smaller one, Adobe and Substance, every AAA game publisher and smaller game studios, Meta and Oculus. This could be seen from a mile away and yet they still won't come out and just say it. Choas will cherry-pick Enscape apart and discard the corpse when there's nothing left.

^ The majority of brick masonry in America is all a veneer. Again that's not the point.

your best bet is to move to a more advanced material library like adobe substance. The Enscape library seems to tackle the more schematic design requirements. It might change in the future but not much has changed in the year since its been added to the program. .

Is this possible? Certainly. Is this easy to do? Not particularity.

You'll have to use mesh tools, probably a texturing tool such as the adobe substance software, and a lot of time to create that look. There are a few grasshopper plugins like elk that can give you the topography of a specific location you may be looking to model but creating a mesh from them will not lead to highly detailed terrain, plus it will not be textured.

The only other solution would be to find some pre-built terrain assets and buy them, such as these https://sketchfab.com/tags/rocky-mountains.

As a aside, if this is your exact site the best option you probably have is to buy or rent a drone and use it plus Drone Deploy to 3d scan the topography in as high of detail as you can. Be aware that Rhino and Enscape will start to have issues when you get into the super high polygon meshes.

Demian Gutberlet

I ran a little test with the same model. Here are the loading times for the versions I tested.

3.4.1+85781 - 37.5 Seconds

3.5.0-preview.2+86270 - 28.4 Seconds

3.4.1+86452 - 24.8 Seconds

3.4.0+84039 - 27.4 Seconds

The file I used is only about 14 mb. It does have 2,750 Enscape plants. Minus the plants the model is only 113,129 faces.

Try using a overcast HDRI to light the scene instead of the sun intensity slider. That may solve your issue if you can find a HDRI that fits what you are looking for. The only other solution is to turn the clouds all the way up so they simulate the blocked sun. Either way the sun intensity slider is not the option you should be adjusting.

Rdrest1 If D5 came out with a optimization update that reduced render times to roughly a minute, and made usability partially easier would you continue to pay for Enscape?

"You won't see high quality trees, grass, fire, rain etc. in the near future." You might be correct, but the program that introduces the entire package first will sweep the market. The goal of every rendering company is to create a program the vast majority of the market, architects and archviz alike, want to use and therefore pay for.

There are people like myself, and I'm sure others who like the mechanism behind Enscape but see its features/developmental process falling behind competitors. If Enscapes goal is only to capture the "novice renderer" percentage of the market they should just come out and say that. They cant say that though because they know I and others waiting patiently for features will leave and stop paying. What I am sure they are aware of, but I believe are underestimating is the point at which that group of users throws up their hands and leave before they have a recovery plan in place. They can ride the big arch firm license wave out, but HOK and others will abandon them for the next program if something better comes along.

Paul Russam I 100% agree that Enscapes rendering process is significantly better than that of other rendering engines. But I can argue that at a certain point the lack of features offered by Enscape vs those offered in alternative stand-alone programs I.E. Twinmotion, D5, Lumion, makes the awkward interface worth more from a pure output standpoint. Add in their cost, free(except for Lumion), and it's obvious why some people would jump ship.

If I'm doing a beachfront residential project with lots of vertical water and fire features, it's a no-brainer to go with another program to complete the project because Enscape work-arounds look subpar. Implementing those features isn't an overnight possibility but the fact that they have been on the wishlist since pre 2018 and haven't even been touched. In the meantime D5 is adding volumetric lighting and seasons plus already has those water and fire features when it was released two years ago is a slap in the face to Enscape. It makes you wonder what is holding Enscape back.

The simple reply to this is Adam.Fairclough is correct in saying "skill of artist is more important than the software itself", but it's undeniable that the R&D side of other programs like D5 and Twinmotion are greatly outpacing that of Enscape.

Enscape seems to be focused lately on making the UI look pretty and run well vs giving users more features to produce better renderings. Considering our clients never see the UI side of Enscape, that doesn't really seem to be a high priority to myself and others who have pointed that out. Speaking for myself, I would take a program with all my wishlisted features but terrible UI over a program with the opposite any day.

I am still on the Enscape train for now (mostly because Twinmotion still looks like a video game without post-processing, and D5 I feel still doesn't have the quality lead over Enscape), but all it could take for me to jump ship is a huge update from a competitor. Brand loyalty for software is almost non-existent, I am sure Enscape is aware of that, but as long as large firms purchase licenses and they still have a slight lead over the competition they are free to ride the wave as they please.