Posts by Slugore

Thank you for the information. I thought that I was missing something in my settings. Now that I know the limitations of the Web standalone, I don't think that I will use it for anything more than clay model geometry approval. Sending a rendered model that looks nothing like what it is supposed to would serve no good. Jpegs will have to do, for now. And panoramas, if I can figure out what happens to them after you make them! Off to search the boards....

Some further follow up on this topic. While materials are still rendering nowhere near what they are in my local model, I am noticing that reflections, too, aren't the same in the web version as in the local version. The reflections seems to be of the environment as opposed to the geometry. Mirrors, windows and other reflective surfaces in my models are reflecting the clouds and sky of the outside, instead of the interior of my model. Am I missing something? Is there a setting that I am missing that makes the web version the same as the local version?

I am working remotely, as many of us are these days. I am using SketchUp and from time to time I need to share my Sketchup model with other designers. I work in the film industry and we are essentially freelancers. We don't have a common asset library folder at the office on server, and most of us aren't working in the office anyway. A bunch of us are using Enscape as our renderer of choice. Is there a way to create something like an AutoCAD eTransmit folder that includes the custom assets for sharing with other designers that have Enscape? What about for those that don't have Enscape? Does anyone have any experience in this or suggestions as to what the best practice would be?

I can't send you the file that I was actually working on at the time, due to proprietary issues, but I can send you a test model that I have created that shows some of the differences. Reflections seems to be one big difference and so too does bump texturing.

In this example, you can see a big difference between the 2 floor tile looks:

Local Render:

Web Render:

I can also send the Sketchup file too, it is over 10mb though so I will need a upload link.

Attached are the local renders.

Here is the link to the web version: https://api2.enscape3d.com/v1/…49-4d18-a8d7-535d496f6d57

I am just wondering if the Web standalone version should look like the version I am looking at on my computer, locally. I think that it should, but when I create a web version many of my material and lighting settings seem to disappear or change. Is this common?