Posts by GD3Design

REMINDER! If you encounter any issues with Enscape (e.g. crashes, installation problems) or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Support button as detailed HERE! Thank you for your understanding.

Hey SDB,

Thanks for the response and the link! I love a good tutorial, specially Adam's...I actually watched this one back when it came out. :)

Yes, I'll be using photoshop(maybe Lightroom..) for stitching.

Do you think rendering in vray is a smart way to produce the cube map or do you know of an app that is more straight forward for this?

I actually checked out Vray's camera setting and their 'VR Cubemap' setting didn't seem to produce the 'cross' format needed by Enscape.

Hello,

A client wants an existing cleared lot photographed to be used in renderings for an upcoming residential project we're designing for the site. I'm thinking I'll photograph the site from a fixed central point, taking shots while rotating the 360 degrees, keeping about a 20-30% overlap between each shot. One revolution at horizon, then one below and one above, each keeping the same overlap. Stitch the shots into a panoramic using Photoshop. In Sketchup, load the image into Vray Domelight and render a cubemap.

Anyone have any experience doing this? Sound like this will work? Any pointers or advice for a better workflow?

For Enscape, does it matter if the skybox image is HDR or not?

I should note that this will be my very first attempt at producing a equirectangular image, or my own IBL of any type for that matter....(I prefer PG HDRI's.....but unfortunately he isn't available to come shoot the site this week) ;)