Posts by ASxJ2099

Whenever you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.

Use two Radio buttons to allow the user a more intuitive selection between Preset "Horizon/Clouds" and "Parametric Clouds"...

Orange Circle indicates the Parametric Clouds option is the active one of the two Radio Buttons... Preset Horizon / Clouds is inactive... you could also grey out the drop down box to make it more obvious the whole Preset option is not active.

EDIT: Always show the controls for the Parametric Clouds... "un-hide" the settings...

Image edited with Corel PhotoPaint... not an actual Enscape dialog box.

Horizon = where the ground meets the sky. IF there's clouds in the sky they'll meet at the horizon (ground).

yup.... And clouds (by themselves ) = above one's head (point of reference).... hence not necessarily = horizon (also another reference) as everything is relative... ;)

For testing if an MP4 video file is standard/compliant/compatible... drag it to Chrome and see if it plays...

• The MP4 file from Enscape I tested with 4k @120 fps initially for this thread:
      • Did NOT not play in Chrome
      • Played with choppy playback/skipped frames in Vivaldi browser same as in Windows Media Player/Movies and TV app
      • Note: The file I converted with Vidcoder played no problems in Chrome (source was the Enscape mp4)
        • Compliant / standard codec and codec id (more compatible encoder/encoding settings)
      • Other compliant mp4 files played in Chrome no problems

In short, compliant files should play in Windows and Chrome no problems, files that are not (for any of a large multitude of reasons and variables) will have problems playing or will not play at all...

Can you guys test (anybody reading this post) if files exported directly from Enscape (not converted/transcoded) can play in Chrome or not? That would be an indication of what is happening with the exported videos from Enscape... Files from Escape both 2.9 and 3.0...

References (just to get started with the many complexities with video encoding, let alone playback...):

ive seen some stuttering on playback but (in my opinion) it’s not anything to do with Enscape, it’s purely the capacity of the machine it’s being played on, I’d expect that any video rendered from Enscape would then go on the be edited in the likes of Davinci Resolve,

This is 20 or more 10-12sec videos that I stitched together in Resolve, from the one Resolve project I export a 1080 with music, a 720 without (used in my pano tours) and a 800x800 short with music for social media.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Valid point, but there are a few posts in these forums about playback issues of the MP4s produced by Enscape and mostly it has been suggested to use VLC player as a workaround... did you see the post where I added info on what codec the Enscape videos are outputted with?? Any comments on that? Have you tested 4K @120 fps Enscape videos? The more input we have, the better...

EDIT: Adding that, the stuttering is in the Enscape Window while real-time rendering is happening, not just in exported videos... but related enough I guess.

For anyone wondering what the bug looks like when using the Walk Mode, it is similar (though not the same, as the test UOF at 25fps is only displaying less frames, whereas the Walk Mode in Enscape the camera or the buildings are shaking) to the 25fps screen refresh test image at this website Test UFO:

https://www.testufo.com/

This website is very useful when having people test if they can tell if the monitors they are using are 60Hz (standard) or higher refresh rate such as 75Hz, 90Hz, 100Hz, 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 360Hz...

no i havent yet but i may try this over the weekend. Was the software you used free or paid?

Depending on what you are comfortable with and your needs:

I used Vidcoder (free).

other software (paid):

• Wondershare Video Converter (I have this one as well)
    • Nero Suite (Have this one too)
    • Movavi Video Converter

More Free and Paid:

https://www.videohelp.com/soft…s/video-encoders-h264-vc1

Video editors:

• Da Vinci Resolve (Free) and high quality, large install though, complex and powerfull
    • Magix Movie Edit Pro Plus (I don't like their encoder for MP4 and previously required separate activation, not sure on recent versions)
      • Their Pro Video Editor is similar...
    • WonderShare has two video editors, one is for personal use, and the other is a pro version for commercial projects (Have both)

Some more observations i have noticed..

When using VLC player on battery mode on my RTX laptop the 4K video was choppy again... i also dowloaded VLC to my surface pro and again the 4k video was choppy... while the 1440p version worked fine though... does Enscape have a video player they recommend for playback?

Did you try converting the Enscape video file with a video converter and then playing the converted video file on the desktop and laptops? Any differences when playing the converted videos?

Wow thats impressive! Is there any loss in the visuals?

Not really that I could tell, but then again, my monitor is only 3440x1440 and not 4K to do a side by side comparison... having said that, with any compression for video or images, like JPEG, there is always some kind of loss in quality... I did not notice much difference in the two videos so far, but there could be... also, you can always try different settings on the encoder to achieve results better suited to your needs. I for one liked the smaller file size at the 120 FPS so that, if need be, I could play the file on a not so high end computer hooked up to a nice 4K monitor and have it play several videos on a shuffle playlist...

Back to the issue of the Enscape videos stuttering/skipping frames... I think it is only a matter of either adjusting the codec settings for the MP4 container and/or the video stream inside the mp4 container. (Each stream inside a video file can have their own codec... MP4, AAC, MP3, HEVC, etc, etc, etc, etc).

unfortunately i dont have the time to keep messing around with codec that dont auto download when i update windows.. i would love to minimise the programs on my computer but after trying the codecs listed above they didnt help the issue unfortunately. :(

OK. I downloaded the MediaInfo app to identify the codec that Enscape uses...

Enscape_2021-03-04-11-42-30.mp4

Format : MPEG-4

Format profile : Base Media

Codec ID : isom (isom/iso2/mp41)

File size : 134 MiB

Duration : 13 s 684 ms

Overall bit rate mode : Variable

Overall bit rate : 81.9 Mb/s

Writing application : Lavf58.49.100

NOTE: Codec ID is "isom" which I do not recall seeing before... maybe this is something the Enscape Dev team can address... Use a different codec ID OR compression library to export the video...

And here is VLCs info as well:

I wonder if the Codec identifiers on the resulting MP4 from Enscape are causing Windows to not be able to select the correct codec/hardware acceleration and thus the video looks choppy...

I installed a few different codec packs including LAV, KLite, XVid... none played the Enscape MP4 file correctly in Media Player or the "Movies and TV" app...

Downloading a 4k 120fps mp4 test file from a link in the description of this YouTube video (large file) plays smoothly with the codecs mentioned above:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Those GB sized videos played just fine...

035A1382.MP4

Format : MPEG-4

Format profile : Base Media / Version 2

Codec ID : mp42 (mp42/hvc1/CAEP)

File size : 1.83 GiB

Duration : 33 s 567 ms

Overall bit rate mode : Variable

Overall bit rate : 469 Mb/s

Encoded date : UTC 2020-07-12 07:24:22

Tagged date : UTC 2020-07-12 07:24:22

Ok... I have downloaded and used VLC player and the 4K 60fps video plays perfectly! that's a big relief. so in future don't use windows players for 4K content.

Thanks so much for everyones help. I was going crazy trying to work out what was going on!

Yeah, I use the codecs cause I do a lot of video encoding and what not... 4K videos play just fine in WMP (Windows Media Player) after you install the codecs.

Keen to get some user's views on stability, whether it is worth updating at the moment. We have hundreds of staff using Enscape, it is stable and working great, so I'm hesitant to go ahead. The preview wasn't great for us.

Wait and monitor this thread.... a policy for many companies is, or should be, to wait on deployment of new software version for production until a few minor revisions are release... for some companies, a wait period of one year is required after a major X.0 release... your mileage and situation may vary...

Before I forget, installing video codecs in Windows will allow any video player (most, at least) to take advantage of the video playback performance optimizations... so, if you are running a Digital Signage app on Windows, and it must use the codecs installed in Windows, not VLC, then that is one advantage of having a codec over a standalone video player like VLC.

Same for some kiosk apps that rely on the codecs installed in Windows.

Something to consider.

120fps takes considerably longer to render and 30fps-60fps is sufficient for perception.

In low end systems and / or with heavy or complex models... yes... but for Digital Signage and showcasing portfolio work... who would not want to show off with buttery smooth 120FPS video of their models?

This is a per-user decision. Having options is good.